What Model - Tractor or Implement would you like to see UH make next?

BGU

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any trailed current forager, cannot belive that no model manufacturer has made one yet!!!!!!!!

fold out grassland rollers

trailed or mounted fella mower to complement their front mounted one

lemkin front mounted fert hopper with packer wheels

any trailed current forager, cannot belive that no model manufacturer has made one yet!!!!!!!!

fold out grassland rollers

trailed or mounted fella mower to complement their front mounted one

lemkin front mounted fert hopper with packer wheels

Yes the trailed forager is a must ,A REAL MUST. I always wonder do the guys that make the decisions on what to produce year by year in each model manufacturer take note of what we request of them from these topics. Or are they on cloud cuckoo land!!! ??? . This forum is the most popular in Britain & Ireland for farm models & its a shame UH & the rest dont take note of your views. But Britains kinda are tuning in I reccon !!

How many collecters are crying out for 80's era JDs. All you need do is look at the tractor conversion section on the forum & count the amount of JD 3050 TO 3650 convos & 2140 convos,also New Holland TM & TS convos are very popular. These are the kinda tractors that will fly off the shop shelves. But the model manufactors cant see beyond their own noses. Ok ,maybe some speacilist model makers dont what to see the UH and the rest produce models that they are making, but 150 quid a model is outa my reach & outa the majority of collecters budgets also in these harsh economic times. 8)

and if they did justin you would have people on here still moaning saying that universal hobbies in particular are nicking the convo guys ideas,and making what convo guys are making,your post proves that wrong

Exactly Paul, your right. But you cant suit everyone I guess. But majority will rule all the time. Were I work,we look for feedback from the customer on what they want in a product & how it can be improved if needs be. Thats how a company keeps its head above water these days, by listening to the costomers needs. We are the costomers here on a very popular forum & I dont think we are being taken serious!! If I were on a panel for research & development for UH ,id be glued to this topic & taking it all in!! UH have a very big foothold on the model market in Britain & Ireland ,so they sould be listening. ;)8) I think UH,ROS ,Siku, Wiking & Replicagri will always produce whats used in mainland Europe,& Britains will produce whats used in Britain & Ireland. Look at Britains. Kane trailers & Keenan feed wagons. Irish stuff!! All we need now is a McCale Fusion!! Could not see the rest produce those in a millon years! ;D

Yes the trailed forager is a must ,A REAL MUST. I always wonder do the guys that make the decisions on what to produce year by year in each model manufacturer take note of what we request of them from these topics. Or are they on cloud cuckoo land!!! ??? . This forum is the most popular in Britain & Ireland for farm models & its a shame UH & the rest dont take note of your views. But Britains kinda are tuning in I reccon !!

How many collecters are crying out for 80's era JDs. All you need do is look at the tractor conversion section on the forum & count the amount of JD 3050 TO 3650 convos & 2140 convos,also New Holland TM & TS convos are very popular. These are the kinda tractors that will fly off the shop shelves. But the model manufactors cant see beyond their own noses. Ok ,maybe some speacilist model makers dont what to see the UH and the rest produce models that they are making, but 150 quid a model is outa my reach & outa the majority of collecters budgets also in these harsh economic times. 8)

It isn't the model manufacturers not wanting to make these, it's that John Deere won't licence anyone to make them in either Europe or the US - I have no idea why, but they are very protective of their brand and perhaps only want their new machines to be released. I think the 4955 that Schuco are releasing this year is the first 1/32 scale SG2 cabbed tractor to come out since Ertl made the 3350. They seem to licence a little bit more in 1/16 scale for Ertl but that's about it.

I'm quite surprised that JD haven't tried to close down the likes of Miniagripassion and others from making the custom models- apparently they are usually quite quick to get people to stop doing anything that involves the Deere brand - especially when they aren't getting a royalty for it.

I suspect the New Holland TMs will come - would seem quite an obvious extension for Replicagri after they made the 8560 model last year.

It isn't the model manufacturers not wanting to make these, it's that John Deere won't licence anyone to make them in either Europe or the US - I have no idea why, but they are very protective of their brand and perhaps only want their new machines to be released. I think the 4955 that Schuco are releasing this year is the first 1/32 scale SG2 cabbed tractor to come out since Ertl made the 3350. They seem to licence a little bit more in 1/16 scale for Ertl but that's about it.

I'm quite surprised that JD haven't tried to close down the likes of Miniagripassion and others from making the custom models- apparently they are usually quite quick to get people to stop doing anything that involves the Deere brand - especially when they aren't getting a royalty for it.

I suspect the New Holland TMs will come - would seem quite an obvious extension for Replicagri after they made the 8560 model last year.

I heard alright that JD wont give licences to model makers that easily. but Britains/Ertl ,Schuco & Wiking have a licence!! Surly they could secure a licence quiet easy for a 3350 or the like. Britains done the big 8440 not so long ago in 1/32 (would that be a SG2 cabbed tractor :unsure:? ) & UH done a 1/43 JD 4020 also !! Surly one of them could give us an 80's era JD Ol!!! 8)

I heard alright that JD wont give licences to model makers that easily. but Britains/Ertl ,Schuco & Wiking have a licence!! Surly they could secure a licence quiet easy for a 3350 or the like. Britains done the big 8440 not so long ago in 1/32 (would that be a SG2 cabbed tractor :unsure:? ) & UH done a 1/43 JD 4020 also !! Surly one of them could give us an 80's era JD Ol!!! 8)

Atte H was talking about it on another post the other day - apparently all the manufacturers have been trying to get JD to give them licences but they just won't - or as you rightly point out - do it very slowly. I think JD like to maximise their royalties on everything they licence so I guess they think a slow drip-drip-drip of models over the years is the best way to do this....to be fair, they might well be right!

I think Ford and UH have definitely missed a trick by allowing UH to basically dump every TW model and variant there is onto the market in about 6 months. And then there are the Marge versions as well. I've got 3 of the UH ones, but only because I reviewed them for Model Farmer - otherwise I would prob have bought just one. I'll buy one Marge one but prob no more. However, if they had released them over a 3 year period, I suspect in total I might have been tempted to buy a few more. I think UH are playing a very short term game at the moment - JD are clearly here for the long haul - after all, they've been around for 175 years already!

Atte H was talking about it on another post the other day - apparently all the manufacturers have been trying to get JD to give them licences but they just won't - or as you rightly point out - do it very slowly. I think JD like to maximise their royalties on everything they licence so I guess they think a slow drip-drip-drip of models over the years is the best way to do this....to be fair, they might well be right!

I think Ford and UH have definitely missed a trick by allowing UH to basically dump every TW model and variant there is onto the market in about 6 months. And then there are the Marge versions as well. I've got 3 of the UH ones, but only because I reviewed them for Model Farmer - otherwise I would prob have bought just one. I'll buy one Marge one but prob no more. However, if they had released them over a 3 year period, I suspect in total I might have been tempted to buy a few more. I think UH are playing a very short term game at the moment - JD are clearly here for the long haul - after all, they've been around for 175 years already!

Yeah UH went a bit too fast for my liking also with those TWs. I got the first 3 of them, dual wheel TW30,County 1474 & the 8830 & i stopped short of the rest & Ill wait it out for the Marge versions. Im kinda half sorry I got the UH 8830 mind. It aint a very good model & it dont replicate the real thing. I read your article on Modelfarmer alright back then(never knew it was you that done it :laugh: ) . but I spose we have to be patient with the JDs. They will be produced sometime in the near future cause all the classics are almost covered now from every brand,so I guess the model producers will be running outa ideas soon . A 3Cyl Ford is also another one that could be done ,or a David Brown 995,1210 or 1390 maybe.

Yup the 8830 is a particularly bad model. They said after the article that they were going to release an improved version of it that addressed a number of the flaws raised....time will tell I guess.

Yup the 8830 is a particularly bad model. They said after the article that they were going to release an improved version of it that addressed a number of the flaws raised....time will tell I guess.

Will they take back our old 8830s & replace them with the improved ones??? ::) Too little,too late. 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Something to hang on the back of the 1/16th Nash 1455 that doesn't look too new or too continental maybe? or a 10 series ford in 1/16th to continue where the 7600 left off.

Yeah. Its all old classic Masseys from them lately in 1/16. More Fords please!!! ;D

If UH developed a 1/16th Bubble cab and floorpan, they could imediatley do a 6600/7600 based on the tooling for the existing 7600 if they didn't want the expense of retooling a full tractor....

... and if its as easy to get apart like the existing 7600/7000/5000's are then it could soon lose a cylinder and become a 4600 ;)

If UH developed a 1/16th Bubble cab and floorpan, they could imediatley do a 6600/7600 based on the tooling for the existing 7600 if they didn't want the expense of retooling a full tractor....

... and if its as easy to get apart like the existing 7600/7000/5000's are then it could soon lose a cylinder and become a 4600 ;)

I keep on saying it. Maybe its just me. But your spot on Paul. A 3cyl Ford is badly wanting in any scale. Be it 1/16 or 1/32. UH have done 3 cyl MFs in both scales. But no Fords ,bar the Dexta in 1/16. Shame realy ,when the 4000 was one of Fords greatest sellers of all time. It was in Ireland anyway 7 outsold the 5000 & MF 165 over here back in its day. The are very overlooked by the model makers. So any Ford from the 2000 up to the 4610 would be fantastic. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No doubt we all have our favourite era for farm machinery, and bearing in mind that UH have made Claas combines of the sixties; there is another combine I'd dearly love to see them make, and that is the Massey Ferguson 500. Preferably the first version before the 510's etc. 1/32 scale would be ideal for most of us with an older collection. It was quite a streamlined model and would probably be easier to make than the Claas combines. The original 500 was light years ahead of the old 780's it replaced and was a joy to look at. Very modern looking for 1962?

I'm really impressed with the MF bale trailer now available as I can remember one of these arriving brand new on the farm where I lived when I was about ten or eleven. I would love one but find them a bit pricey for what they are..I'll have to save up my pocket money for a few weeks!

What a coincidence.......... just look at the pictures in the post above. Someone has been reading my mind. Now you have to agree that the 510 in the picture is just beautiful. :)

Archived