What really PLEASED you?

3 hours ago, smithy said:

What pleased me was last week I took a one day course on the RESPONSIBLE and EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF COMMENSAL RODENTS which was a LANTRA AWARDS Course and passed  

well done.

Brittany can't wait to start on monday

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simong said:

well done.

Brittany can't wait to start on monday

If Brittany turns out like you she will have done well , but I can remember when you first started driving for me think I had to tell you about the danger of pulling wheelies whilst you cultivated a field if the top link had broken you would have flipped over backwards that was back in the good old days , was talking to Tony Clowes  the other day and your name was mentioned all good I might add    

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robbo said:

Smithy, I have to ask and I am sorry if I am a bit thick, just what are COMMENSAL RODENTS ? Some kind of rat perhaps?

mike that is indeed posh suffolk talk for rats , the responsible and effective means he is now legal in using his 12 bore as the poison ;D;D;D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, smithy said:

If Brittany turns out like you she will have done well , but I can remember when you first started driving for me think I had to tell you about the danger of pulling wheelies whilst you cultivated a field if the top link had broken you would have flipped over backwards that was back in the good old days , was talking to Tony Clowes  the other day and your name was mentioned all good I might add    

Yes you did and i have never forgotten that to this day!! With your Ford 7700 and Ransome cultivator. That was nearly 30yrs ago! 

Glad to hear it was good, we irrigate potatoes down at Tony's farm.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, robbo said:

Smithy, I have to ask and I am sorry if I am a bit thick, just what are COMMENSAL RODENTS ? Some kind of rat perhaps?

This is the front cover of the training manual and the page that say Commensal Rodents like Sean say its a posh word to identify things allow I like his idea with the shotgun 

20170201_212616.jpg

20170201_213017.jpg

That's not one of the courses I get involved with, there's already another couple of guys doing it for the training groups I work for. Did you do it through Otley or one of the independent groups Smithy?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gav836 said:

That's not one of the courses I get involved with, there's already another couple of guys doing it for the training groups I work for. Did you do it through Otley or one of the independent groups Smithy?

I did it though Frontier at there office at Sandy Lane Diss the Assessors name was Vernon Hill

16 hours ago, Gav836 said:

I did wonder if you might have had Vernon, I've known him for a long time now and speak to him regularly as we both teach the same pesticide modules as well. 

He was very good at getting the information across to us and made us feel comfortable say hello to him next time  

• 4 weeks later...

More "what made me laugh" today, I was sitting at my desk and I started to hear some tap tapping coming from the kitchen. I looked across to see a Blackbird viciously attacking its own reflection in the window, puffing out its chest to make itself as large as possible and giving itself really dirty looks to try to intimidate this interloper ;D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

after a highly stressful afternoon( meant to have been nice and quiet sat looking for the hump back whale ;D;D)caused by an ex wo in the army,whos been on the job 12 months,now doing acting coach , hurling round acusations about my work,pretty much calling me a liar ,despite me being nice calm and providing all the evidence proving his story wrong , to him via the abuse  email chain, looking at high level managers hes cc'd in asuming hes being clever and winning , getting total satisfaction by receiving 3 calls within 5 mins of his last very expletive reply, 1 from the overall project team big boss apologising ,who i know very well, one from his bosses boss appologising,again who i do know,and another from his imediate boss who i know very very well( drinking buddy on work nights out) again appologising ,all informing me he wont be doing the roll by this time tomorrow and will be reciving a real bollocking , and fully backing me, and agreeing with the fact certain practises hes been making his team do are very wrong and potentially service affecting to a lot of customers not just his one  . it always pays to blind copy the right people in ,all be it mid chain,and let someone hang themselfs, ,love to be a fly on the wall  tomorrow when hes told , wonder if he will apologise to me  ;D;D;D

• Like 2

Another for what really made you laugh today.

The headline in one paper this morning, "Polar Bears spotted in Scotland as animals flee the melting Polar Ice Cap", oh yes, it's the first of April isn't it and time for all the daft made up headlines that some conspiracy theorist will spend the next 6 months insisting is true ;D>:D it must be true, it was in the paper!

• Like 1

my new AEG arrived.....ooops wrong forum! haha;D;D

i mean popping back and browsing the collections.... :)

could also really do with taking Harry to Spalding as haven't been for a while but bathroom renovations wont allow >:(>:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

seems a long time since last july when we started the extension ,but i can now say we have a totally finished inside of the house ,have just finished wallpapering the last wall and moved the furniture back into the front room. rugs down and her indoors is happy . brikies all lined up to start the front garden wall in a weeks time so ahaed already on doing the front of the house outside wise ,which is even better