Whats on your workbench???

Wasn't really happy with the lenght of the bonnet so I've shortened it 3mm more. Looks a lot better now I must say.

Also wasn't that happy with the PAVT wheels, so last night I was getting trough my spare parts and found some 2680 wheels from Britains. I've reduced the width of it, and placed the 1250 tyres back on. Looks good to me.

knwa.jpg

9690.jpg 

• Like 3

I think whats throwing you with the front axel is the bonnets not quiet raked enough . the uh ones a 4wd version which was longer, and there fore didn't have the same angle to it,as you say maybe drop the lower edges on the bonnet a bit more ,and maybe gain  a little more by dropping the bonnet a 1mm or so on its mounts to add???

mines a 575, and to get it right you do need to fettle the back of the engine block to allow the cab / floor pan to come forward and sit right, remove the 4wd gear box to, and maybe adjust the front axel position back slightly, I found it only worked out to 1 or 2 mm so didn't bother in that one ,just didn't seem worth it as you cant really notice

• 3 weeks later...

Are those wheels ten stud 22.5's for HGV's,there's a desperate shortage of them,I reckon that's why there are very few truck / trailer convo's because no one makes "decent" HGV wheels,Super Singles would be very welcome,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

10 stud. I could do a 22.5 also if there is a need

I reckon there probably is a need,not necessarily here,but certainly in France Germany Holland and Italy where HGV ( LKW ) models are more readily available,Welly etc,

Regards

Joe.