Whats on your workbench???

15 hours ago, alf aphid said:

My wife had the  Audacity this evening of accusing me of being a non completer finisher! She’s right though so thought I’d better get on! 

thats why i do my stuff in the shed, she rarely goes out there :D:D be even more secure when i finish the new one ,so more power tools i think 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too much on the go at the moment! Lots of wet mornings and days over harvest has lead to lots of started projects! 

The 6930 is finished just requires paint along with the JD mowers, Opico mobile dryer started, Richie bale squeeze needs painting. Revisited an old build the Bailey TB12 grain trailer that also needs painting! Also started another hedge cutter build this time a McConnell tele-vfr hopefully ! 

B1DAACD3-5F39-4589-B09B-0FE89B7D9310.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, WillTEF20 said:

Too much on the go at the moment! Lots of wet mornings and days over harvest has lead to lots of started projects! 

The 6930 is finished just requires paint along with the JD mowers, Opico mobile dryer started, Richie bale squeeze needs painting. Revisited an old build the Bailey TB12 grain trailer that also needs painting! Also started another hedge cutter build this time a McConnell tele-vfr hopefully ! 

B1DAACD3-5F39-4589-B09B-0FE89B7D9310.jpeg

Some nice stuff there mate can’t wait to see them finished 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If they fit under the arches I'm sure someone has put them on the real tractor Ted. I'd be more concerned that you have 8 wheel nuts instead of the majors 6 :lol::lol::lol:  Is she getting a replacement engine as well?

Edited by mb86
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mb86 said:

If they fit under the arches I'm sure someone has put them on the real tractor Ted. I'd be more concerned that you have 8 wheel nuts instead of the majors 6 :lol::lol::lol:  Is she getting a replacement engine as well?

Haha, I didn't think of that. Yes I would like to put something else in there but the 6cyl Conversions are longer so I'm not sure how I would go about it. :) 

5 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

My measurements are out haha, I suppose they are just a bit wider. Mabey I would be better ordering some from scaledown.

cheers :) 

Here you go Ted, this was my major from a few years ago before i got my 804, they were radial equivilents of 16.9/30's , i keep meaning to go for a wander down into the woods as she's got a 3 point linkage mounted boughton winch on her now and been used this summer pulling a few trees

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ferret90 said:

Haha, I didn't think of that. Yes I would like to put something else in there but the 6cyl Conversions are longer so I'm not sure how I would go about it. :) 

What about a V8 for something different? A lot of modified majors would have had the rears off a JCB 3c but it might be cheaper getting a pair of scaledown ones than buying the britains JCB for it's tyres if you wanted to go down that route. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Here you go Ted, this was my major from a few years ago before i got my 804, they were radial equivilents of 16.9/30's , i keep meaning to go for a wander down into the woods as she's got a 3 point linkage mounted boughton winch on her now and been used this summer pulling a few trees

That is a stunning tractor paul :wub: I like the fronts as well, I would like to find some of them for my model probably off a uh ford 5000 or something?  I had a drive of one a few weeks ago and after driving a 35 it was like a dream :lol: I think I'm converted 

cheers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

What about a V8 for something different? A lot of modified majors would have had the rears off a JCB 3c but it might be cheaper getting a pair of scaledown ones than buying the britains JCB for it's tyres if you wanted to go down that route. 

That is a good idea, mabey one out a kit or something, with twin exhausts :D. Yes I don't think i could destroy a 3c 

cheers 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

My measurements are out haha, I suppose they are just a bit wider. Mabey I would be better ordering some from scaledown.

cheers :) 

Here's my Scaledown Roadless 6/4 built as a Chaseside 6 cylinder 2wd.

Front wheels from a UH MF2620, rears are Scaledown 15x30s.

20180906_202804.jpg

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, SPN said:

Here's my Scaledown Roadless 6/4 built as a Chaseside 6 cylinder 2wd.

Front wheels from a UH MF2620, rears are Scaledown 15x30s.

20180906_202804.jpg

I like that a lot Stan. Are you going for Orange or blue bonnet and tank? 

• Like 1