Whats on your workbench???

I recently bought this Weise Deutz which is a very nice model but for some reason this and the Black versions had a strange sticky substance on the tyres which doesn’t want to come off with a good wash so initial thoughts were to swap different tyres onto it but the ones I had in mind were too small or too tight - I couldn’t get them on.  So I then thought maybe adding some mig light soil may reduce the texture .  I wasn’t really happy with the look of it, as I’d daubed quite a lot on so removed the excess with an old toothbrush and just left some of it on.  By no means perfect but I think it’s an improvement  .  Maybe a weathering powder may have been the way to go but this will do for now.   Photo of it now with fertiliser spreader attached and as out of the box underneath 

IMG_3672.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

• Like 4

Not sure if i should use the original pre air cleaner or my homemade one, the original pre air cleaner is the right diameter i think, mine is to thin, but i have the right shape top on mine, also mine is just slightly to tall but that is easily sorted,cant paint chassis or wheel hubs today as i have had a no show from Evri today😤

IMG_7876.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

IMG_7873.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg

IMG_7862.png

IMG_7879.png

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I recently bought this Weise Deutz which is a very nice model but for some reason this and the Black versions had a strange sticky substance on the tyres which doesn’t want to come off with a good wash so initial thoughts were to swap different tyres onto it but the ones I had in mind were too small or too tight - I couldn’t get them on.  So I then thought maybe adding some mig light soil may reduce the texture .  I wasn’t really happy with the look of it, as I’d daubed quite a lot on so removed the excess with an old toothbrush and just left some of it on.  By no means perfect but I think it’s an improvement  .  Maybe a weathering powder may have been the way to go but this will do for now.   Photo of it now with fertiliser spreader attached and as out of the box underneath 

IMG_3672.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

That looks fine Joe, i use weathering powder for my tyres and i have also used cement dust

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Cheers Paul

like the work on the MF too - your air cleaner looks better than the one on the model to me, the top is too big I think 

Thanks Joe, i think you are right, perhaps if i can source a bigger top than what i have now it would be spot on

Ok pre air filter painted and exhaust and pre air cleaner fixed permanently, and driver in,as i said yesterday waiting on the charcoal grey to arrive so then i can do the chassis and front wheel hubs and get it back together, not a massive job to get it looking right

IMG_7882.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7887.jpeg

IMG_7888.jpeg

IMG_7890.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Thanks Pete

i got a can from my local dealers, made the mistake of buying an aerosol off ebay and the colour was way off

I must grab a can the next day I’m passing!