Whats on your workbench???

40 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

Nice work there Sean. I’ve done about a 100 little bales before and I can’t tell what’s worse 😂

small, especially if you have big figures ,i do mi e in a jig that does 6 at a go, but its bloody fiddly to say the least,even harder to stack them   ,next efforts trying to glue them to a wall of card, so i can move it forwrds and backwards, with loose ones in front, otherwise it will take forever to make enough to make a good stack .

IMG_3545.jpeg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

small, especially if you have big figures ,i do mi e in a jig that does 6 at a go, but its bloody fiddly to say the least,even harder to stack them   ,next efforts trying to glue them to a wall of card, so i can move it forwrds and backwards, with loose ones in front, otherwise it will take forever to make enough to make a good stack .

IMG_3545.jpeg

Very tidy stack there 😉.

I think a multi bale baler would be a bit complex for my woodworking skills 😂

1 hour ago, Pete132 said:

Looks great now, looks a much nicer model!

what did you use to strip off the paint

Hi Pete,

I use professional paint stripper, which i get from a local professional car-damage-repairshop (bodyshop).
This works extremely fast and good!!! So using it takes precautions for your hands and tools.
Don't know what brand it is, and i tend to pay cash, they poor it from a jerrycan into glass bottles i bring myself.
Once filtered after usage, it is re-usable often, so it's a good investment!

After paint-removal i wash and brush pieces with an old toothbrush and use a polishing surface-cleaner combined with warm water.

Here's a movie i made during paint-removal using the professional remover:
(you can hear and see the paint "popping-off")

Have a nice day!

BR
Jan

Edited by WHITESNAKE01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Can you sketch your own tractor rear's Sean, ??

Regards

Joe.

not tried yet, been tied up getting the trailers done, first 8 tons on at the mo, took me a while doing the trailer ones, but they were way more detailed than a normal tractor tyre, sure i will try at some point .

I can't find a tutorial for tyres useing Designspark mechanical for cleated rears, there is a Russian guy with two but with no narration, And he seems to make a mistake and backtrack. so no good, three ribbed fronts are easy if you can get the dimentions, as are wheels, this guy on Cults does a fair few 1/25th scale tyres, and rescaleing those is simple enough, he is a link to some of them, Cults can be very busy and slow, These are mainly tractor pulling tyres, but worth a look, maybe better early morning before America wakes up,

https://cults3d.com/en/design-collections/CosplayItemsRock/monster-jam-tires-scale-1-25

Regards

Joe.

21 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

I can't find a tutorial for tyres useing Designspark mechanical for cleated rears, there is a Russian guy with two but with no narration, And he seems to make a mistake and backtrack. so no good, three ribbed fronts are easy if you can get the dimentions, as are wheels, this guy on Cults does a fair few 1/25th scale tyres, and rescaleing those is simple enough, he is a link to some of them, Cults can be very busy and slow, These are mainly tractor pulling tyres, but worth a look, maybe better early morning before America wakes up,

https://cults3d.com/en/design-collections/CosplayItemsRock/monster-jam-tires-scale-1-25

Regards

Joe.

i managed to get 3 rib fronts by mistake doing the trailer wheels, so nice and easy to do, sure i will get rears done to when i need to, have some nice mf1200/50 rims done now, so will need tyres at some point .

• Like 1

splash of ransomes orwell blue,and some white gloss on the wheels and tamiya rubber black on the tyres, tyres went on really well despite the depth of the treads, which is good. a d finally seeing as these two will be mine, started some timber, if i sell some(5 ready to paint) they wont have this, its very time consuming to fit,and not cheap either compared to the other option

IMG_3480.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

IMG_3482.jpeg

• Like 4