Whats on your workbench???

Had a good look at the new T7.300 today, after stiffening the front links I painted a MF weight block black and fitted that on. Also put the new 24 reg number plate on it for March registration😁 and a security triangle decal. also gave the bar axle another blob of yellow and painted the axle band black as UH had obviously forgotten!

And as the radiator hoods on the real thing look black and not grey it also got a covering of matt black and now she's good to go😎 and replace one of my MF 8S models, much nicer looking tractor.

P1010514.JPG

P1010511.JPG

P1010513.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

splash of ransomes orwell blue,and some white gloss on the wheels and tamiya rubber black on the tyres, tyres went on really well despite the depth of the treads, which is good. a d finally seeing as these two will be mine, started some timber, if i sell some(5 ready to paint) they wont have this, its very time consuming to fit,and not cheap either compared to the other option

IMG_3483.jpeg

They're coming to life with paint on Sean, have to admit I didn't think it would be possible to print what you've made, very impressive

1 minute ago, Stabliofarmer said:

They're coming to life with paint on Sean, have to admit I didn't think it would be possible to print what you've made, very impressive

neither did i, certainly wasnt possible on the ender 9 fdm one. they are basically made out of 4 different prints,almost an airfix kit i guess.takes me about an hour to assemble them prior to paint, took an hour nearly to do just that planking ,so no way is that a selling option,the wood isnt that cheap at 25 odd quid either ,hence the other options being tested out 

• Like 1

I just read the latest edition of Farm Machery Journal, And in it was an interesting article about Philip Trim's Krone Big X 980, But what caught my attention was the large additive tank on the back of it, So I figured I could sketch that up fairly easily in CAD, So I did that and here is the result, I put it on my 580 along with my old XDisc wholecrop header,

https://farmtoysforum.com/topic/27296-f-a-o-james-teperand-anyone-else/#comment-653441

Regards

Joe.

Philip Trim 1.JPG

Philip Trim 2.JPG

Philip Trim 3.JPG

Philip Trim 4.JPG

Philip Trim 5.JPG

• Like 4

Some new treads on the Welly Unimog, pleased with how these have turned out. Properly scaled 495/70 R24 wheels (41mm diameter) were way too big so these are a nice compromise at 37mm. Just got to get the facelift bonnet kit finished now!

IMG20240225101708.jpg

IMG20240225101715.jpg

IMG20240225101742.jpg

IMG20240225101816.jpg

• Like 6

cheers james, as much as that woods not cheap it really does finish the trailers off, especially the ransomes ones, look just like the brouchure pics, have two more 6 ton ones primed up now, ,but the workshop heater didnt arrive today,so top coats on hold.need to decide on this timber or my cheaper option of the stained stuff for the final ones

i have a small ebraue ?? one on the way from b&q , meant to be eco rated  ,and heats quick, sadly the daily delivery truck didnt make it today, as its on click and collect, have run out in store as its apparently pretty good.

Nice little 2.5Kw ceramic fan heater Sean, But me being a pensioner these days, £ 1.40 an hour would be expensive if used to much, The heated picture is only 450W would cost less than 15p an hour.

Regards

Joe.

Edited by James Joe Dewar

16 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Nice little 2.5Kw ceramic fan heater Sean, But me being a pensioner these days, £ 1.40 an hour would be expensive if used to much, The heated picture is only 450W would cost less than 15p an hour.

Regards

Joe.

got 4” of celotex insulation in the walls of the shed, and roof,and double glazed door and window,,saved them from my old porch when we did the extension, so once i get it warm it does stay like it,so hopefully once its hot ,i wont need to run it like the old one needed to,.either way,got to be warmer 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Few wee bits getting prototyped, improved splash plate for fitting to tankers, and the second thing I’ve been working on is a dci arm for slurry tankers

BD56D6D7-0523-4FD1-BACA-9B86627A9063.thumb.jpeg.8cd9545fa94a1c8ed978f9cb37e20cfe.jpeg1341A315-EB60-4E6E-A422-9868C3148D8C.thumb.jpeg.7b8e736c8ea3e230c1898e3e7bd71bdf.jpeg3B010893-B7CA-453B-8EE1-A272D14F49A3.thumb.jpeg.096ce661321439b365cfae1f79ae0774.jpeg

And the real dci arm for context 
E067DD4D-B575-4DD6-A08C-1BBBA198FDF1.thumb.jpeg.50e57d1351f1c794648469cb3716eb10.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Awesome stuff Hugh, makes a nice addition to the kit, that will be one seriously specked tanker once you're done with it!

That’s the plan, 4 fill points, removable boom, dci arm and then can fit the splash plate too 

Finally gotten round to having a play with my new NH T7 in standard blue.

As luck would have it I had bought some T7.270 decals a while back just in case....................and as I intend to keep my blue power version as a T7.300 it makes sense to do the convo on ole standard blue.

But first I have to get all the wheels off, no problem at all with the fronts, much more difficult with the rears, but eventually they came off without damaging anything.  There must be a tool that works like a vice in reverse that gets behind the wheels and eases them off smoothly???  Anyone know of anything??

Masked off the NH T7 part and took the 300 off with nail varnish remover in a second. Cut the decal down to 270 and stuck it in place, looks ok, would have preferred waterslide but don't know who does them.

Also took a look at the awfully poor turning circle, soon cured that, unscrew the ram microscrew and pullout the metal part, cut the plastic ram sleeve by 4mm (thats enough!!) fitted it back together and did the other side. Now the fenders almost touch the bonnet on lock.

Next up will be wheels/tyres, and I am going to use a set off the UH CASE Puma 240 as they are perfect for this tractor. Replica 650/ 75/R38s  +  600/70/R28s  ............primed them first and will spray with New Holland bianco white.  UH white is toooooooo white, should be slightly off white.

P1010625.JPG

P1010626.JPG

• Like 4

while waiting for paint to dry on 2 trailers,and after assembling two others, i got round to sorting a scrap uh mf1250 chassis i had, been on the cards since i did the 1200, but until now i didnt have any wheels just tyres ,so printed a set up,rear end fitted witha replicagri 188 back end, and painted, door working, nothings fully fitted yet as a few bits to sort yet 

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3511.jpeg

IMG_3512.jpeg

• Like 3