ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

cheers guys, was sat pondering the layout while doing these, and am considering a change arround with it ,looking at removing the big barn at the back, and reusing the scaleoox for a new building ,and putting the house there in its place, then removing the newest machinery barn and replacing it with a older pole  barn for machinery, with a granary area behind that on the road in where the  un finished breeding unit it, and maybe another pair of anderson units?? or  more where the newest piggery is, as given the kit i use, these 3 buildings just look to new? ??? well at least the machinery shed at least .

cheers luke ,its a bit tedious at times, but with luck will be worth the time at the end ,got the extra pack of tiles today, along with some other bits ,so hopefully this weekend i can finish the tiles, in town tommorrow so will get some matt terracotta paint to tone the finish down on them, ,have also been messing with the wall finish, and think i have it about right now, so nearly time to put all the timber stuff in place ,facia boards windows doors ect

• Like 1

well its all roofed now, totaled up at 1410 tiles on this, so may take a few days break from it just to recharge, have put a matt terracotta paint on it, although right now that seems a bit bright ???it will be weathered down in time, once its finally dried

006-6_zps8b0d1829.jpg

005-6_zps7fb53430.jpg

004-5_zps91618ee0.jpg

003-5_zps4797a578.jpg

• Like 3

You could try a blackish/brown wash over the top to dull it? I quite like the effect, the tiles could almost be glistening under the sun after a heavy shower.

Perhaps you could even add some algae/moss to age it?

• Like 1

there will be tris, i forgot to bring the silver foil  stick paper we have at work home to  do that, will also be doen the side between the house and front of the garage, now they are in place i can cut them properly and put that in, there will be moss added to it ,got that in the loft, there will prob be at least one other colour washed over, even if its in patches?? as they do look a bit bright even in this colour

• 2 weeks later...

well i had a go at weathering one side of the roof this evening , i aint really to sure how well its come out to be honest, its a bit hard to see in the pics but any help would be gratefull, its been a long time since i have seen a old suffolk teracotta tiled roof, its all slate and concrete ones round this way

004-5_zps994f9bdd.jpg

002-4_zps61d303b3.jpg

001-4_zps73b57237.jpg 

• Like 3