ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

cheers mandy and joe, it certainly does not compare to the dutch guys we have just seen, but it does me .mandy I will have a look at that stuff later on, just waiting on something and I will be putting an order in, as there was no one with a stall at Zwolle like yours this year

• 2 weeks later...

its the dogs Sean!!....knew you would take good care of it!,,,,now can I have it back before Tris finds out!

seriously Sean, amazing work!, kind of looks how I imagined it when I started, but like most things, they stay in my head and never make it out!

its getting there ben. have ordered 2 or 3 big trees for the layout and hopefully time allowing I can get a fence around the garden ,so with luck it can go up onto the layout soon, will need a new bridge over the ditch to allow access, and I will lose part of one field, but it will sit nicely on the main road in, allowing more pics to get taken on that side of the layout , hopefully then I can start to detail the other buildings, ivy etc on them, and finish of the ditches  around it all, 

well I had a bit of time today, so I have now fenced in the back yard and got the house in its rough position on the layout ,got a fair bit to do around the front as it was a old field entrance, so new road etc required, and I may yet swap the road away to the main farm with some of mandys track mat?? not sure on that just yet

P1010850_zpsce525138.jpg

P1010848_zpsade80bc3.jpg

P1010845_zps4c7ca84f.jpg

P1010851_zpsa701c431.jpg

P1010854_zpsc2b5c50f.jpg

P1010859_zpse549f9af.jpg

• Like 4

pretty much finish this side now bob, need to finish the ditches and front of the house properly ,and sort the edges of the fields out at the rear edges , shame I cant get a background behind them to add some depth, prob could on the other side, but this side may be to far back to get any height to it,really wish I had a proper room or outbuilding to put it into, as I could easily add another 4 or 5 big fields to it all and be able to walk round it etc, but I can only dream for that for now

• 1 month later...

I recently ordered some sow crates from trino.de ,have been meaning to do this for ages, but once here I decided the original piggery I planned just looked wrong, the sides were old open slated and would never do for a piggery, so I removed the board from its gap and decided to start a new one,  have a load of scaleox filler blocks left from the house, so thought I would use these, with a new card roof , I still have a full set of block and fillers which I plan to cast sometime as I would like to build a few other bits and the scaleox is now long discontinued
first up the original building
100.jpg
now the new one, it will sit in the same place as the old, with the feed tower infront, although that will only feed the new large unit beside it
sow crates made, got 4 of these, but think I have room for another at some point
P1010909_zpsbff5754a.jpg
P1010913_zpsfd5c2e98.jpg

P1010907_zpsd78f86b6.jpg
P1010912_zpsd2650fae.jpg

• Like 4

yeah, with more to come, beet kit hopefully, harvesters started already , so a drills needed , beet hoe, pref front mounted,with that comes a beet loader and beet bucket for the mf80? or maybe a jcb 3c like we used to use in real life , the cooks sledge needs to be finished along with a replacement cooks 64 bale trailer, both of the current ones were never much cop, but they work ok . need some cultivation kit to, other than the plough I am a bit bare on this front  ,all of those along with detailing around the yard some more, its going to take a while

• 1 month later...

got a little more done on the piggery today, mainly the internal sty doors and the main sliding door, have left the sty doors fixed for now, as I have a good few other bits on the go, so I aim to finish the externals off ,windows in, and weather up the roof / walls a bit. ivy etc on the walls, just need to sort a bench on the wall inside for feed etc
P1010927_zpscf6ed013.jpg
P1010926_zps4b6ad893.jpg
P1010924_zps20626a02.jpg
P1010925_zps7089912b.jpg
P1010923_zps151a70e6.jpg

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

the piggery is done and back in place , bar a few other bits bought to fit but not yet done , not a lot , just gets checked every month ,but items are planned for it, just need to find the time to do them , the overall farm wont get bigger now, one I don't want to, and two I haven't the space to keep expanding, so right now I have a nice mix of 3 good sized fields and a yard ,its mainly implements and extra detailing on the buildings now 

• Like 1