Thanks guys for all the kind comments.

I think with time my wife will be able to get back to normal and be able to enjoy life to the full again.

As for catching him if I had wouldnt have needed any help sorting him out.

You would never of thought this could happen in a place like elgin but there you go you are safe knowhere these days.

As for my work Brian I could not fault them what a pleasure to work for a company that really did put me first. Managed to get me seat on first flight and didnt have to work on the sunday night. Also have had phone calls from several colleagues checking all is ok.

hanging`s too good for the ratbag..........all my best too....I had a friend  had her drink spiked in castle douglas, her brothers went mad........she was ill for a good few days too but its the after effects, the pschycological stuff that takes time to deal with for you too Rob , let`s not forget  that,so all the best to you both and as has been said here`s to a speedy recovery

• 2 weeks later...

just coming to terms with the fact my stepdad has just recived the news hes got cancer again, large tumor in his windpipe, the reason he was in hospital a few weeks back, , results came back today, and already hes been booked in for a weeks worth of tests and scans ect for the rest of his body, big fear it might have spread this time , poor mothers not doing to well, my brother is staying over tonight with my nephew, its exactly 1 year to the day my nan died to

just coming to terms with the fact my stepdad has just recived the news hes got cancer again, large tumor in his windpipe, the reason he was in hospital a few weeks back, , results came back today, and already hes been booked in for a weeks worth of tests and scans ect for the rest of his body, big fear it might have spread this time , poor mothers not doing to well, my brother is staying over tonight with my nephew, its exactly 1 year to the day my nan died to

Thinking of you Sean - tough news to take. Stay close to your family.

For those of you who may have had contact with Plumpton Agricultural College over the last 40yrs or so, it brings me great sadness to report the tragic passing of Simon Bishop on Friday 6th November as result of deer strike while driving through Blackboys,East Sussex.

Aged just 51 he leaves a wife and three children to whom we extend our deepest sympathies and all those thousands of people throughout the world who's lives he enriched as head of the Netherfield outcentre branch of East Sussex College of Agriculture.

One of my friends retired from the Force in September and was looking forward to going travelling, he has just been told that his wife has got terminal Cancer and has no more that 2 months to live. It is especially upsetting as his first wife also died of Cancer 10 years ago

For those of you who may have had contact with Plumpton Agricultural College over the last 40yrs or so, it brings me great sadness to report the tragic passing of Simon Bishop on Friday 6th November as result of deer strike while driving through Blackboys,East Sussex.

Aged just 51 he leaves a wife and three children to whom we extend our deepest sympathies and all those thousands of people throughout the world who's lives he enriched as head of the Netherfield outcentre branch of East Sussex College of Agriculture.

Only just read this, I remember him, never had him as an instructor as I was an agmech back in 1991,but my now ex wife had him a lecturor, I will let her know :-\