• 1 month later...

Dad and I had to go down to the next door neighbour to help out with feeding and milking as the neighbours father aged 71 was killed this morning by there bull it will be a sad sad yard now.

Not good news Robert but I can see you and your dad must be very good neighbours.

• Like 1

That's awful Bob, but it's easy to become complacent when you are around the animals day in and day out and then forget just how dangerous they are.

Yeah your spot on Mike it wasnt nice news on a Sunday morning

Not good news Robert but I can see you and your dad must be very good neighbours.

Ah Bill thats one thing we all get on with each other here and help when in need we have great neighbours and the pulled us out when our hill was on fire and nearly burned our yard. 

It's very sad, especially to die doing something in this he has probably done for nigh on 60 years and loved it too, Bob. What a tragic shame :(

yeah he had been born on the family farm and worked all his days on it the man even had his suit on under his boiler suit as he was heading to church all he was doing was pushing up the last of the cows to get milked. we will have to help out all week or so to ease the work load as his son george will have to get things ready for his funeral ;(

I say most of us are the same as you mate - i i spent years working in farming but dont mean i can do the deed-- on the other hand me brother is better with his hand / gun when he needs to help them on there way -- if an animal has to go then it should be fast & clean

Edited by 590mf

• 2 weeks later...

Without Sir Alex, it has made it a level playing field!!

The next manager has got some big shoes to fill.

No, not worried, a little sad as he's been the manager since I was 11, be gutted when Giggs retires too.

86 years is a heck of a stretch as  Man. Utd  manager Barry...... ::) ............................................................. ;D  ;D  ;D ..!!

:D  :D  :D   Must get that changed!!

no more fergie time

Without Sir Alex, it has made it a level playing field!!

The next manager has got some big shoes to fill.

No, not worried, a little sad as he's been the manager since I was 11, be gutted when Giggs retires too.

weird, a guy i work with had his son go down under yesterday too justin ,hes got a job fixing them big dump trucks out somewhere in the outback 

They might have been on the same flight!! He flew outa Heathrow yesterday evening at about 8 heading for Melbourne via Dubai. Just heard from him an hour ago that his ow landed & one off his buddys from home has picked him up at the airport. 

Driving pass the local N/H tractor dealer s yard alway makes me sad  seeing then blue things  looking back at me  :of  i like blue but no on tractors >:(

• 3 weeks later...

My dad passed away at 20.40 pm today and despite the times we visited  him over the past 5 weeks we were not there to see him go........but hey ho Ed is at peace at last.......5 weeks after his 83 birthday.. He has attended almost 20 of the vintage shows at Fraserburgh over the past 22 years so I  think in his memory we will need to donate an Ed Cruickshank Memorial Trophy or Shield for the best polished brasses or the best Farmall or International since he died on the day of the 22nd rally. RIP Ed...we will meet again...don't know where ..don't know when