Britains POS

super6

12 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Some nice bits amongst that collection John and like Justin some of the 80's stuff brings back good memories :) from upstairs in the KayDee bookshop or the bigger selection at Cowgills, but like some have said in other threads it's when there were implements to go with tractors in the range 

thanks paul yes it was good to go in the toy shops back in the day having said that it still is:D although there isnt many about now. not seen a britains sign like yours paul nice find by your dad:)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, super6 said:

Wowsers John, that little lot kept you occupied for a while yesterday. Where to start, the questionaire  came from Toytrac? I have one that came from there.

I thought I had shown the patches!

I vaguely remember the McDonalds adverts, seem to recall a large poster was used? was it that long ago!

Love the Ford leaflet, wouldn't mind one of them. 

Kerry gold set is different. I have some Milkyway promo bits, a small booklet and an advert from a comic

The Aisle hanging cards are nice. I don't seem to be able to get/find any of the newer stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased quite a few different adverts via ebay over the last few years, two of a few in error, for the most part from the same person.

Your large cabinet is exactly the same as mine, different header, although I do have that one, and I put a mixture of shelf edgers on my one. There was a collector on one of the face book pages who put two up in a loft, couldn't have been easy, huge great things!

Yes it did keep me busy paul struggled loading them on to forum so ended up cropping them all a little and then it worked.

Yes the questionaire did come from toytrac 2016 i think, thought you might have it.

Do you mean a large billboard poster was used?

The ford leaflet was an ebay find a few years ago not something id seen before or since.

The kerrygold set was from a local toy fair a couple of year back £5 so cheap enough

Yes my adverts are from ebay of the same seller probably the same seller you got yours off?

The aisle hanging cards were just lucky, just happened to ask a shop owner one day and they had just come in that morning so said i could have them.

Yes the large cabinets are huge things the guy must have had a big loft to stand them up in,there about 7ft tall.

Amazing to see just how much off this stuff has to be out there ... I mean, I have brochures, some posters, some adverts from older magazines, but there has to be a lot more! Thanks for sharing with us, hope you get well soon.

I tried to find it on YouTube. I cannot remember exactly when it was, but I think it was possibly late 90's or early 2000's. As I remember it showed clips of real machines & the man narrating would say something like, 'New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Valtra Valmet, collect them all', with a shot of models at the end.

Just now, ALLEN XL said:

I tried to find it on YouTube. I cannot remember exactly when it was, but I think it was possibly late 90's or early 2000's. As I remember it showed clips of real machines & the man narrating would say something like, 'New Holland, Massey Ferguson, Valtra Valmet, collect them all', with a shot of models at the end.

Just remembered they released a video about 2000 so possibly this 

• 2 weeks later...

A few more bits, in no particular order. A large sticker 24" long by 3" high. This from some time between 1964 and 1979 after which, except for a few Sales Aids, the use of the B with soldier within was discontinued. £2 coin to give an idea of size.

P1140930(1).thumb.JPG.eff3a733c8d4d58b27c1ef57eebccfe7.JPG

This is a paper window frieze and is 12" wide by 11" high. The design is exactly the same as the catalogue and non adhesive sticker, shown earlier, albeit larger

P1140929(1).thumb.JPG.34bfac674d212712b3daaf8ee16d0064.JPG

A flyer or small poster, a little bit larger than A4. From 1977. The hand was used on the front cover of the trade/customer catalogues and also the card display stands, shown earlier

P1140928(1).thumb.JPG.4b0fc7527139a5917d5322a768692111.JPG

Milkyway advert from Chips comic of 4 April 1987, shown with small pamphlet produced for this promotion. You received this with your livestock/figure.

P1140925(1).thumb.JPG.fb5ab4168c13745e901c45f6086f6f56.JPG

Another competition entry form, from 1987

P1140926(1).thumb.JPG.6207a247be48a71631a06f2246065406.JPG

the reverse side

P1140927(1).thumb.JPG.1d58db9ecf83cd0260c80bbae4df40a2.JPG

Edited by super6
tryping error!
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, jmd said:

have you watched the video sam i also have it but never watched it

Showing my age a bit but I have, can't remember any of it though..............another age thing! :lol:

• Haha 1