Britains POS

super6

One more for tonight, Cat No. 0077 non sticky window sticker. This from 1981-85 possibly longer as not shown in the Petite catalogues! I took this picture when I first started this topic and forgot to use it  :-[

IMG_20080215_2146.jpg

A few more for your perusal, first up an Autoway shelf edger cat no. 0082 from 1985-6 and possibly longer (Petite era!) This is in a stiff card. I believe they were also available in plastic as per the red/chevron etc shelf edgers, not managed to find/buy one yet  :'(

IMG_20110309_9836.jpg

Autoway poster cat no. 0080 from 1985-6. Although one was listed in 1984 it was probably this as the one shown in the trade catalogue has items that were not released in the Autoway range. I believe it to be a mock up, the same could be said of the cube in the '84 catalogue too.

IMG_20110309_9854.jpg

Autoway range was superseded by the Road Series, which had Gold coloured boxes, in 1987

IMG_20110309_9853.jpg

Road Series box sample, I only purchased this as an example of a Road Series box and had not noticed the small label until I was taking photographs for this thread/topic, a flukey purchase really  8)

IMG_20110309_9861.jpg

IMG_20110309_9863.jpg

More to follow...............

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just been through this thread and its excellent.

Thanks for sharing the superb photos

I am now drooling....................... :of

Thanks '72. There is one item in here that came from you.................................but I'll let you work out which one  ;)

A quick update, just a few items for your perusal.........

Cat no. 0086 another card backed poster, that folds in half. this from 1979-80

IMG_20110424_9904.jpg

Cat no. 0094 Card Display Stand Universal from 1977-80. The description in the trade catalogue changed slightly a couple of times in that four years! This green one being the right hand as opposed to the blue one, see earlier post. A fairly recent purchase this..........last month. The platform the tractor is set on has been replaced at some point in the past with corrugated cardboard. It needs doing again.........properly  :of

When photographing this the 6600 was the first tractor that came to hand, it was also used for the catalogue picture 8) Yeah, the exhaust is missing

IMG_20110522_9999_14.jpg

7157 Farm Counter Pack a stock box that held an assortment of 129 small animals

IMG_20110424_9907.jpg

These were first issued in 1983 and had two different coloured designs to box before this version was used from 1989. I don't know how long this scheme was used before the cat no. was deleted at the end of 1992 as the picture disappeared from the trade catalogue after 1990. A counter pack containing 129 small animals was still available in 1993 as cat no. 7154 in the new Rosette Range. Another/more to find  ::)

IMG_20110424_9909.jpg

You've got me stumped mate.............. :P

I have just been through this thread again and found that it could be the miniset counter top box or the farm display at the top od page 5. I also had a nice red stock box like the one on page 6.

I am guessing its one of those three items. ???

Right first time  :)

The farm display was given to me by Brian Norman at least 20 years ago at a Bill Richardson, is it? model tractor show/fair and the red stock box, 07154? came from a shop in Redruth in 2003

• 5 weeks later...

Ah... so that's it... VERY smart.. and very large too  :of .. did it fit in a light box or something ???

No, on top of my nieces belongings in a Freelander, yes very large/awkward.  :-[  Oops miss read this, It may have been part of a light box.
It wears its age quite well with some missing paint. Sellers parents had/closed a toy shop 30 odd years ago Edited by super6

• 2 years later...

My latest aquisisions  

A sticker from between 1964 and 1979, I recon the late 60's.   375 mm x 70 mm

IMG_4614.jpg

Toymaster poster A3 size, from 1987 as all pictures are used in the 1987 catalogue only. Also posted by another member  ;)

IMG_4613.jpg

A shop sales aid. There should be a small, clear plastic I think, holder for catalogues but this is missing. Its quite big, being nearly 1500 mm high 550 mm wide and about 400 mm deep

IMG_4612.jpg

The item in the final two photographs should be familiar to anyone who went to Toytrac in November when Britains/Tomy were in attendance. Did anyone win anything? 

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...