Britains POS

super6

Excellent clip and the only thing that is missing is the smelll of the dung but I can remember that from helping out a pal when I was spreading with his Ford 7000 and Howard muck spreader. Brings back fond memories.

nice vid, brings back memories!....you could just run the PTO from memory as well?

You could on the production/customer version. You can't on this one because there is no motor, gearbox or battery connections.

The lever on the back puts it into and out of drive, the PTO runs all the time the switch below the bonnet is in the on position  :)

• 2 years later...

Very nice indeed - they are the usual kind of display that Britains used to use to display the models at the various trade toyfairs. 

The red colour on the 9600 Post Hole Digger is certainly one I haven't heard of before - it was probably a prototype/colour trial and never actually released in that colour (it was shown as green from new in the catalogues).  I imagine they tried all the paint colours they were using at the time to see what they looked like before picking the final colour, which was their usual practice with new models.  They might do 10 or 20 to see what they look like, then bin the ones they didn't like (this is how Warner Hall acquired the parts to make his yellow MF760 and Deutz green MF 595 - discarded trial parts out of the rubbish bin).

By a strange coincidence, I suppose, I was looking at 9550 Fold up cultivator mounted to one of these plinths earlier. Very nice, would like them in my collection.

Bought at auction? Did these come in boxes Andy? with a letter on? Also on the little label with the model no. is there another no. and the RRP?

They are very nice indeed!  ;D

I must confess to non ownership of them though, as they will be part of the soon to be sold Nils Fischer Britains Archive collection. I'l be doing a feature in our next Model Farmer Magazine.

post-2-132639625497_thumb.jpg

I must confess to non ownership of them though, as they will be part of the soon to be sold Nils Fischer Britains Archive collection. I'l be doing a feature in our next Model Farmer Magazine.

Ah yes I read about this in model tractor this morning. looks to be a fantastic collection. look forward to the article Andy.

That will be something to look forward to  :)  In the days before eBay started disguising bidders user names, his name was frequently to be seen as the successful bidder on all manner of rare and unusual Britains items - and he was quite willing to pay whatever it took to win something he particularly wanted.  It will be interesting to see what they make at auction now.

(Does it say when and where in Model Tractor - I have had to stop taking that one; since they went to 6 issues a year I can't afford to buy it as well as Classic Tractor and Model Farmer  :( )

• 1 month later...

I have been meaning to do this for some time now and did promise the LORD at Malvern, as I had a piece recently bought when speaking to him. So here goes, in no particular order...........

The most recent item from Malvern 2011, an aisle hanging card? from either 1996 or '97. Double sided.

IMG_20110309_9843.jpg

Another aisle hanging card? a little later this one 2007. Also double sided.

IMG_20110309_9844.jpg

Arched header board for Britains wooden stand (see earlier post) also from 2008

IMG_20110309_9845.jpg

A double sided poster from 2006, comes in a cardboard tube.........

IMG_20110309_9847.jpg

.......other side

IMG_20110309_9848.jpg

Another design/style/shape of shelf edger as per a previous post, in cardboard. I believe to be from 1986 as the chevrons dip lower than the brand name, from scrutiny of 1986 trade catalogue. Cat No. 0078

IMG_20110309_9838.jpg

Wildlife card poster, Cat No. 0087 This has a preformed crease about 3/5 of the way down to allow for packing I presume!

IMG_20110309_9846.jpg

Not easy to discern but this is a window sticker supporting the WWF. Not too sure where I aquired this from  ???

IMG_20110309_9841.jpg

Thats it for tonight, more to come..................