land rovers

marshman

Finaly the disco got its welcoming to the faimly.

Mates got  a field with gullys and really wet holes and nartual pond

Great fun, good off road on road tyres.

Had to try this bank, wouldnt make it, ended up getting stuck in the marshy stuff, really wet.

Photo-0005.jpg

Photo-0006.jpg

Photo-00042.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the starter up on the wing ;D ;D

Yup - but there is one on there, no danger of using it to start the old girl though!!

very nice mate, great project for you. She looks quite straight rust wize? Is the chassis rottan?

From a cursery look, chassis is a wright off!!  Will need a complete ground-up re-build, when I have the time and money  :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

now this is a landrover!! we picked it up today, it will start but the clutch is stuck (started on the button after not running for 9 years :o )

There is something about those FC's I have always liked.  What's the history behind it??

not too sure on the full history, but i was told it was originally a fire tender (carried equipment but no water) it was painted red, after that i dont know till the current owner who used it with a big mobile welder in the rear of it to get out on sites easy, it has a much larger engine fitted now than the original, it was then parked up 9 years ago to be restored but this is as far as it has got, i belong a local vintage club and a team of us are planning to restore it and fit it out with equipment found in green goddes fire engines

not too sure on the full history, but i was told it was originally a fire tender (carried equipment but no water) it was painted red, after that i dont know till the current owner who used it with a big mobile welder in the rear of it to get out on sites easy, it has a much larger engine fitted now than the original, it was then parked up 9 years ago to be restored but this is as far as it has got, i belong a local vintage club and a team of us are planning to restore it and fit it out with equipment found in green goddes fire engines

not 100% sure they were ever used as mod fire engines mike,and pussa did not use the same kit as civil fire engines, they were to cheap, my old man did fire duty on green goddess's during the strikes, and they had hardly any kit at all on them

never said they did have green goddess gear in them, just happens we have a full set of gear out of a goddess spare that we can fit in it ;)  (saves loads of money ;D)

it will be a long project but well worth it in the end we hope, it will be run alongside a green goddess

What's the plan Adam and offroader ??? ???

Yep we have a few modifcations planded  :D;)

Yeh  we dad is damaging the 110 offroad to much me and dad brought this one and when i can im going to buy out right as i paid £300 towards it so far :D

We cleaned it all out today.  Going  to but the off road tyres on and hopefully get a winch before next weekends punch challage.

This is a bit random but heyho!

Im sure somebody will know a good place

to get seat covers for a 09 landrover 110 double cab?

Bought some of proppa and they dont fit right so any 1 one know of any where else?

Cheers

Chris

MODIFIED FOR TEXT TALK

This is a bit random but heyho!

Im sure somebody will know a good place

to get seat covers for a 09 landrover 110 double cab?

Bought some of proppa and they dont fit right so any 1 know of any where else?

Cheers

Chris

I used to have a freelander and bought some genuine seat covers from a landrover dealers parts department,

would of thought landrover make them for the defender too,these were 75 quid for a front pair and fitted perfect

We brought cheapie ones and they fitted well to our 110 put up with alot of abuse too. Will get some pics tommrow of them if you want

Well i have been doing some work on the 90 already. Firestone S.A.T.S  "Super All Traction"  on and we have a brand new bumper of a miltery wolf landie so i put that on for now as it looks better i think and has a towing eye on it, will be comming of when i get a winch and bumper for it.

Sorry not good pics

S.A.T.S

IMG_00622.jpg

Bumper

IMG_00612.jpg

IMG_00602.jpg