Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Hi Guys I have been watching this topic for a while and also buy from ebay using my dads account(Super 6954)I think the problem with the high price conversions like the 1200 massey is that the average collector who sees this has no idea that is possibly still available from the original maker and in the drive for some thing different will pay too much. I have got a lot of models from ebay because Living in Canada some are not on the shelf here and being an ex U.K farm kid I would like them in my collection. Some are cheap but others are not. I have just found this with a Model that was damaged and returned to the seller. I Paid $80 and found the supplying store by accident and found I could by it for $28. On the subject of the Britains majors/other rare ones the demand is out stripping supply and unless you are really lucky as some of you will know ebay is the only place to buy especally if you are limited like we are over here. Looking at the prices and how they are riseing I should  be selling but I have been collecting for years and would like the money but would miss the tractors.

This is only my opinion and dont know what others are thinking. It's like an old guy told me the other day Opinions are like a@@@holes everybody has one.

Sorry if that offends anybody but I think he is right.

Regards

Robert    

Not sure how to post the link but what do you think of this item 320214820567 I've never seen a set like this, do you think its for real?, thinking about it I probably should of asked before I bid ???

That number gives me a laptop  :-\ :-\ :-\

there you go simon, thats the one we talked about at shepton mate

yep i seen them sunday night after your tip off and ricky's pm but i only want three of them i've got the rest so might email him after the auction finshes and try to have a deal on the one's i want only up the road as well  ;D ;D

Have you seen any pre production samples on the market before?

Not tractors but I have a Sample Copy Police helicopter, and Unimog with pipe trailer from the Road Series. Sample Copy because this is what is on the lable underneath. I presume these could be called preproduction, I only found out when examining them at home. Bought from traders at different times and venues so by pure chance. The Police helicopter differs from the production one in minor ways. As for the Unimog I have not managed to buy a production version to compare it with. The mercedes star on the doors is cut out from the grill decal.