Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

I Think the answer to all of these conversions making such stupid money at the moment on eBay is just around the corner. It is called Christmas and as people have said on here before the Muppet's do not no about us on this forum and the likes of Dave and the other guys that sell direct and not just through eBay.

I just watched a Britain's county 1474 conversion finish at $459 and thought if it finished around $60 i would bid! as it was not that special. it was not one of Daves so now I'm either going to buy one of his or get parts and build one of my own. I guess you can't blame the sellers for the prices it seems to be what the market will stand. I have to admit that it is getting tempting to cash in as I could make more doing this than at my regular job and have more fun! 

This guy bought one of the models I listed on eBay recently. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy as advertises in the back of CT & T&M, called Chris  :-\  His prices are all at the top end of the scale.... seems to get them though....  ???

i made a peach of a 1474, posable steering the works, mine only made 71 quid, took me 2 days to make,with 40 odd quid in parts. and anybody that has bought my models know that they are built to a high standard, this is insane, i see he has another 1474 , i think a dave towse model, thats up to a oner already. :of bit of skullduggery afoot me thinks

This guy bought one of the models I listed on eBay recently. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy as advertises in the back of CT & T&M, called Chris  :-\  His prices are all at the top end of the scale.... seems to get them though....  ???

yeah i think thats him, i have enquired about a few bits from him in the past and wouldnt pay it i must confess, think hes had a few bits from members on here in the past ih885xl 's mf550 went to him, and was  on sale for 4 times what he paid  wanted silly money for a boxed conrad mf50d i paid a 3rd of what he wanted from a dealer to

The vast majority of the things I see sold on eBay seem to stay at very low bids until the last few seconds,  then all the watchers snipe at the end and it often ends at a price more in line with normal expectations. 

A case in point was the green Britains silage trailer which sold on Sunday.  It sat at about 30 pounds until the final day, and until the last 30 seconds had only reached £77 if I remember right.  In the last half minute it went from £77 to £180!!

I don't think it is possible to assess something that is offered on an auction style listing as being cheap, until after it has ended.  I suspect the Fastrac will go for somewhere around £20 to £30 in the end.

The forage harvester BIN linked by 4055power, does seem cheap - it's a shame I already have that version  :-\