Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

52 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Saw that listing too!  What are they all worth though.... I have only one kidney left after a big purchase a year or two ago, so couldn't raise the cash:D

There is a guy down the road from me selling a nice little REAL Dexta for less !!! Needs a little work , but it's a good runner.. They are nice models but UH make most of them anyway . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

brian had a 1200 for sale at toytrac but i didnt see the orice, but normally they alone seem to be arround £125 ish ,think thats what i paid for mine give or take 

Few people had the 1200, cheapest i saw was G&M who had it for £95, i think Brian had it for £125 like you said.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone any tips on how to win an ebay auction when buying a tractor for spares. I have won whole complete decent tractors to break before but paid a bit over what I'd like for conversion parts,but I'm thinking I'm battling with others who aren't going to use it for parts like I am.

Whats most peoples technique? just stick a price in what you want to pay rather than these others that annoyingly keep bidding up a pound and 50p for parts that isn't near the end of the auction, or not show your hand come in late and take em by surprise with a higher bid and up it by say a substantial amount?

• Like 1

I never bid until the last 10 seconds of an auction.if you bid before this then all you are doing is driving the price up. You cannot win an item with days or even hours to go so I don't understand why people do it

• Like 3

cheers Phil,Robbo and sean.

I get it on models for collecting set your own limit and how much you think its worth to you,but spare parts seem pricey now. I think with breaking a mint boxed model a rule would be expect to pay the same as a collector as there after it too unfortunately for us wheel robbers

Sean pm me your tips mate I won't tell

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, robbo said:

I never bid until the last 10 seconds of an auction.if you bid before this then all you are doing is driving the price up. You cannot win an item with days or even hours to go so I don't understand why people do it

If it ends when I am at work then I have to leave a bid. Sometimes I win, more often I am the under bidder, by a £1 normally. But hey losing is cost free so it don't matter  :)

Last few seconds is the best way if you have the luxury of time, not always guaranteed of success. See above!

What annoys me is when you forget to bid on something and it does not get any bids so goes around again, when everyone and there aunt want to buy it. AARRRGGG!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I will say one thing, bidding in the last 10 seconds is brilliant but...

if the person before say for example has bid £18 but the automatic bids have kicked in and they have only bidded £14, you go to put in a bid of £15 and then with like 5 seconds to go you are outbid.

hard to explain but there you go :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

I will say one thing, bidding in the last 10 seconds is brilliant but...

if the person before say for example has bid £18 but the automatic bids have kicked in and they have only bidded £14, you go to put in a bid of £15 and then with like 5 seconds to go you are outbid.

hard to explain but there you go :) 

If you bid the maximum you want to pay in the last seconds and don’t get it because someone has bid more then I just accept that. I think it’s always important as others have said decide how much would you pay for the item and bid that amount as close to the end of the auction that you can.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

If you bid the maximum you want to pay in the last seconds and don’t get it because someone has bid more then I just accept that. I think it’s always important as others have said decide how much would you pay for the item and bid that amount as close to the end of the auction that you can.

Yes i see where your coming from it's easy to get carried away :) 

Same here (mostly) of course i have been carried away sometimes, but I have also won by bidding fairly early several times. I try to be quite firm while bidding, not to drive prices up. As others have said, if I don't get it then so be it. I generally try to stay away from bidding in stead of buying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenside MF said:

Heres what I was bidding on,only wanted it for the cab,didn't win but at least I made them overpay for it :D

damage mf 2.png

Didn't this turn up as relisted though? Thought i saw a notification for that, was watching behind the scenes :)

• Like 1

This may be rare but if you think I am going to pay over £1200 + postage for a plastic tractor you have another thing coming

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MS-Germany-Red-Yellow-Gray-Porsche-Diesel-Tractor-w-Front-Loader-NIB-Rare/192721030182?hash=item2cdf118c26:g:brkAAOSwnWpb7nKO:rk:23:pf:0

And he has got 3 versions, all of which are around or above the £1000 mark, phew

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1