Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

14 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Yep. And that's with subscribing to a shop as a business seller

Probably cheaper selling as an individual and waiting for the offers. From what i read they take 12.8% of the final sales price plus listing fees

Coming out as 13.3% at the moment, its okay for small price items but once you're into finished model money £50/80+ its a big old hit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Udimore said:

Yep. And that's with subscribing to a shop as a business seller

Probably cheaper selling as an individual and waiting for the offers. From what i read they take 12.8% of the final sales price plus listing fees

Thanks, seems pretty off steep.  Maybe why people are trying to sell more through Facebook.  

eBay as a Marketplace is not cheap anymore and neither is Amazon. Last lots of models I have bought direct from suppliers through Facebook or on here,  and they are on average £5-8 cheaper per model, or if the same price then the seller is keeping a bigger margin, I’m happy to support that. 

Ebay are advertising themselfs on TV now... Which is a first and perhaps desperation for business. I wonder is there a drop in the amount off people using Ebay to sell products.? I myself have backed off quite alot using Ebay. Postage costs and Import charges alone are enough of a turnoff lately on top off Ebays fees. 

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Ebay are advertising themselfs on TV now... Which is a first and perhaps desperation for business. I wonder is there a drop in the amount off people using Ebay to sell products.? I myself have backed off quite alot using Ebay. Postage costs and Import charges alone are enough of a turnoff lately on top off Ebays fees. 

Is that ROI TV Justy? eBay has had ads over here for years. Trying to battle against the likes of Depop for second hand clothes sales and the like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stabliofarmer said:

It certainly starts to push towards small businesses taking the leap and sucking up the initial costs of having their own ecommerce site. But equally I guess that's the cost of ease and access to a huge customer base.

I suppose the question is how much value is there in having a large customer base in a niche industry like farm models.  

9 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

It certainly starts to push towards small businesses taking the leap and sucking up the initial costs of having their own ecommerce site. But equally I guess that's the cost of ease and access to a huge customer base.

Generally if opting for an independent ecommerce option, it's worthwhile looking for one that integrates with eBay, Amazon, Facebook even etsy etc. Shopify seems to be one that offers good integration like that but likely better choices out there. Most adapt pricing from your own website base price and calculate an appropriate price on the selling platforms' fees to ensure margin is maintained. The key is to then bait them from the platforms and reel them back to your own website for future purchases. Obviously only really applicable if you regularly sell.

We've had several clients come to us from ebay generally disgruntled by their fees (ours are lower!) but more so for buyer's causing hassle. Facebook seems to be an alternative but again, across the various groups, whether it's tractors or cars, there are plenty of non-genuine buyers and sellers messing people about. Perhaps with their decreasing ad revenue, Facebook might look in the future at an ebay type model to take advantage of the marketplace?

9 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Is that ROI TV Justy? eBay has had ads over here for years. Trying to battle against the likes of Depop for second hand clothes sales and the like.

I can't remember if it's Irish TV or not. Probably is... But its first time I've seen it happen.. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How could this be right these 2 models were sold in auction for £70  even used the same pictures from the auction.The person has them on Ebay for £195 ..Not nice price up on them models out to make money.

Screenshot_20220311-220545_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220311-221114_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hajo said:

These Valmets still make good money ... just sold one in less nice condition for 250EUR, also in the box. Condition is everything with these.

Very good yes stuff like that makes good money 

• 2 weeks later...