Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

9 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

that is a bonkers price,are they really that difficult to find now?,remember selling mine to tris for £40.

to me it is a 74/7530 due to the bonnet and i think the wheels are scale size 30 and 42 inch where as a 6930 should be on a 28 and 38 setup

Spot on. I re-badged my one as a 7530. It's just too big to be a 6930.

• Like 1

I wish I had never brought this up now :-[ The 69/75 argument was done to death about 2 years ago, please lets not go over this again >:(

I anyone does feel so strongly about it that they need to pontificate about it then can you start another topic in the Wiking models area, this section is for Ebay

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, walterderwent said:

Going to be loads of these appearing on Ebay now. First one appearing to make a daft amount of money has been doing the rounds on social media. Plenty of people I know with them were going to pop them up just to see what would happen. :)

The arse will drop out of them once everyone puts them up for sale. 

2 minutes ago, mb86 said:

The arse will drop out of them once everyone puts them up for sale. 

I could think of plenty of other models i'd much rather spend that kind of cash on in the first place than relatively young John Deere 6930 - pretending - to - be - a 7530. :D Each to their own though, and well done to those with them that can make a handy profit on them. :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, walterderwent said:

I could think of plenty of other models i'd much rather spend that kind of cash on in the first place than relatively young John Deere 6930 - pretending - to - be - a 7530. :D Each to their own though, and well done to those with them that can make a handy profit on them. :) 

The winning bidder so far on the tractor has a score of 4. I hope the seller actually gets the deal done. I smell a rat if I am honest.

• Like 1

I remember having a conversation with Sean and David a year or so ago (Zwolle I think) and saying that the UH Renault 836 was quite rare, especially in the dealer box. This is the first one I have seen since then and the price tends to support my theory. Looks like I am not the only one who thinks it to be rare.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-HOBBIES-1-32-RENAULT-ARES-836-RZ-TRACTOR-BRITAINS-SIKU-Claas-New-/172530436536?hash=item282b9d89b8:g:dPgAAOSwfVpYocq4

The 936 is as common as muck and there are several variations but the 836 is something else, Gav836 must have had a hand in this :rolleyes:

On 22 February 2017 at 1:30 PM, trigger82 said:

This was sold at auction some money for them £240 + fees 

20170222_131814.jpg

You have 9 boxed Britains that are 35 + years old Cyril . Do the maths  and it works in around 25 quid a per model . That's a good deal bud !!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

good job i have 2 of those stashed away, until this one they were the only ones i had seen, have all the other renaults in the grey dealer box to 

Most of the other Renaults were UH but the Ares 636 was made by Joal although it is also in the same dealer box

would need a very very large house if they went on display,and a lot of cabinets , plus you unbox you de-value , theres 15 x 120l plastic storage  tubs of boxed models up the loft,without the 15 odd vac bags worth,again all boxed, and all of those are large or extra large ,thats without all the unboxed older stuff, ,thats about 8 x 60l plastic boxes worth , most of what i have are one of each, but occasionaly i bought two or more as future sellers for re investment, i buy for the future , not to open and destroy , selling on later at a big loss ,probably like most collectors on here, have been at it since i was 5 ish so 40 odd years now

22 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

would need a very very large house if they went on display,and a lot of cabinets , plus you unbox you de-value , theres 15 x 120l plastic storage  tubs of boxed models up the loft,without the 15 odd vac bags worth,again all boxed, and all of those are large or extra large ,thats without all the unboxed older stuff, ,thats about 8 x 60l plastic boxes worth , most of what i have are one of each, but occasionaly i bought two or more as future sellers for re investment, i buy for the future , not to open and destroy , selling on later at a big loss ,probably like most collectors on here, have been at it since i was 5 ish so 40 odd years now

i have never heard of open and destoy Sean,a new one on me,so your collection is an investment then?