The Aughton Valley Collection

Lovely photographs of a wonderful collection David.. thanks for sharing as always mate.  I especially love the white MF against a black background... smart idea that

Thanks Mark, very pleased with how it's progressing. My Massey collection now stands at twenty five tractors and i'm rather keen to add the upcoming Universal Hobbies releases when they arrive, particularly the dual wheeled 1250. My original intention was to photograph the 8600 series tractors against one of the posters i've just been sent of them, but it didn't work so decided to experiment with the card instead, quite pleased how it's come out. :)

I really like the look of the JD David I think that will be a purchase for me, some other nice buys you have there especially the Same, but they are not for me as I stick stictly to Britains and very occasionally an Ertl but then if its the same as a Britains and is a special.

Thanks James. I paid fifteen pounds for mine, a nice model, even though mine appears to be little bit unrefined compared to my pair of older examples it looks the part sat alongside them in it's new resting place. I've actually had the Same tractors a while now, I just decided they where deserving of some time out of the cabinet and some fresh air and thought they would suit the Krone balers. :)

I will be picking up one of those Pine Green 828's next week so it is nice to see it beforehand, as for the Same's........well...... :-*:-* :-*:-* There aren't enough of them in the world  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The livery is certainly growing on me Mike, fantastic model as always from Wiking. Echo your sentiments regards the Sames. It would be really nice if ROS or perhaps Replicagri chose release some just as they have done with the Fiats. :)

recon one of those ine green 828's will be on the list for toytrac now, havnt got the normal one yet, but that does catch the eye

It's a very smart model Sean, although had it not been made by Wiking then I perhaps wouldn't have been as eager to obtain one.

The livery is certainly growing on me Mike, fantastic model as always from Wiking. Echo your sentiments regards the Sames. It would be really nice if ROS or perhaps Replicagri chose release some just as they have done with the Fiats. :)

It's a very smart model Sean, although had it not been made by Wiking then I perhaps wouldn't have been as eager to obtain one.

I hope to have a new Same in the next month or two if all goes to plan, all will be revealed in good time.  :-X :-X :-X

As far as the pine green Fendts go, Siku did release one earlier this year as the Tannengrun version and although I do collect the different colour versions it just didn't appeal to me so I didn't get it, the Wiking version is something else altogether though  8) 8)

I hope to have a new Same in the next month or two if all goes to plan, all will be revealed in good time.  :-X :-X :-X

As far as the pine green Fendts go, Siku did release one earlier this year as the Tannengrun version and although I do collect the different colour versions it just didn't appeal to me so I didn't get it, the Wiking version is something else altogether though  8) 8)

I'll look forward to seeing which ever model or range it's from in due course Mike. A Same Laser built to precision 1/32nd scale standards would please me immensely.

Chandlers where I purchased my 828 from at the weekend also had the Siku 936 Tannegrun on display but it didn't appeal to me all that either. In fact aside from the Golding liveried 930, i'm not all that interested in the Siku based multi coloured models. If Wiking on the other hand start churning them out......bankruptcy beckons. :D 

Great new items you have there. Like the MF serie and 828 serie from fendt.

Texas

Thanks Bas, very pleased with both the 8600 series line up and the pine green Fendt, just need to to save my pennies up for a Wiking Claas Xerion now. :)

Here's my newest addition to go up on my wall, a themed Trevor Mitchell print. :)

DSC00419.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on my holidays at the moment so this morning having returned from town with my most recent addition to my collection, the Britains Massey Ferguson 7480 I decided to spend some quality time dusting and valeting some of my models and also prepare my second cabinet shelf themed with Massey Ferguson machines. It's a little more cramped than what i'd hoped, I could have just done with a few extra millimetres to play with but i've also been endeavouring to create some further space else where to accomodate some future planned purchases next pay day.

DSC00667.jpg

A nice red themed shelf there David  :) . I'm hoping to pick the Britains one up shortly but just waiting to do a bulk order with the UH 3080 and 6475 too

Thanks Martin, pleased with how it's turned out. It's also the first time i've had my older Siku 8280 Xtra out in the open for quite a while so I decided to give it freshen up and place it alongside the newer prime movers. I'm very impressed with the Britains 7480. I paid £13.99 for mine which I think represents excellent value for money, especially when compared to rival toy manufacturer Siku. :)

This is my other "Fergy" themed shelf in amongst my biggest cabinet. The other two reds you mention are also very high on my current model shopping list too along with a couple of others out there ( funds allowing.) I'm considering if and when they arrive to expand to two consecutive red themed shelves within this cabinet.

DSC00670.jpg

That certainly sounds to be a reasonable price David for what looks like a pretty good model.

In your second picture there what is the Fergie model to the left of the Siku 5455?

It's Siku's first version of their attempt at miniaturising the 4270. I remember buying it as a bit of an impulse along with the Siku Case IH CS150 one Christmas many years ago. It's fitted with the older hard plastic tyres. I think I paid around £10 for it and has remained in my collection ever since. :)

Here's a couple of photographs of it for your interest Mart alongside the real deal that works on a local farm.

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

DSC07019.jpg

Here you go Nick. You picked a couple of my favourites so it was nice have them out of the cabinet for a few photographs.

The white example is the later liveried version of the Case 2470 Traction King produced by Ertl as a dealer edition model in an open fronted box in Case International colours. I believe this model was produced not long after the earlier liveried and much higher detailed machine was produced for the National Farm Toy Show in 2007.

Whilst both are very heavy models equipped with the same four wheel steering mechanism the National Farm Toy Show version also comes equipped with mirrors, work lights, wiper blade, the Goodyear name on the tyres and also a much more detailed drawbar and hitch compared to the later liveried machine.

Despite the variations in detail between both models I like them both very much and picked them up from Spalding two years ago.

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

again david,some lovely displayed models you have there

Thanks ever so much Paul. Always enjoy having a day now and again to dust and clean those living outside my main cabinets and have a little bit of a shift around, nice to have them out in the open for a few photographs too. :)

Thanks for those 4270 pictures David - gosh I forgot all about that model - goes back to the days of the old Renault Ceres and old Deutz Agrotron I'm guessing.

You're very welcome Martin. It's not the most memorable of models from Siku, standard fayre toy for them at the time. I think they also released it with flotation tyres and there's also the Agco set of White, Agco Allis and Challenger branded machines they also produced.

I believe this was one of the first tractors they made that incorporated a half glazed cab that still allowed little fingers to reach the steering wheel. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my most recent additions to my collection which I purchased from Newark Tractor and Heritage Show.

Starting with my Universal Hobbies Valtra T190 "Black Diamond" Edition, which I considered to be a bit of a bargain at £15.

Whilst I haven't really got into collecting the huge variety of different liveries available on the various models of Valtra Universal Hobbies produce I do rather like this one.

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

Next the first of two other Universal Hobbies models I bought to pair up with other tractors in my collection cabinets.

The Ford 7810 Jubilee.

DSC01226.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Having managed to get my travel expenses signed off before Christmas I decided to treat myself to a few early presents and my final additions to my collection in 2010.

Starting with an Imber Ford 6640SL which i've decided to display with the front linkage and A-frame.

DSC01423.jpg

Lined up alongside my other blue Imber machines.

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

Whilst my other blue purchase comes in the form of the ROS New Holland T7070 Bluepower.

DSC01384.jpg

Also seen alongside the standard ROS version and Britains T7060.

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01393.jpg