The Aughton Valley Collection

Many of my close friends from around here whom I share a drink with and go to gigs and festivals with think i'm completely bonkers, particularly if i'm passenger in a car with them and I spot (twitch?) a machine from the window. I can't help myself but comment or demand they stop so I can take photographs. :)  Each to there own, they know me well and have their interests too, and appreciate the hobby I choose to pursue. 

Nice models bet your pleased with the puchases, My mate are exactly the same I get some stange looks when I start talking about farming but they understand that it is lifestyle and accept the occasional farming related rant about this or that.

Nice models bet your pleased with the puchases, My mate are exactly the same I get some stange looks when I start talking about farming but they understand that it is lifestyle and accept the occasional farming related rant about this or that.

Thank you, over the moon with all of them. :) I'm very passionate about the hobbies I have, particularly my model tractor collecting habits and photography and I don't hide them away from anyone because of i'm very proud of the pastimes I enjoy, my closest friends understand and appreciate this and there's plenty of healthy banter to be heard amongst us. :)

I'll make no apologies for posting the following gratuitously blue images on this forum of my two top shelf purchases from Spalding, I love them both very much. If there was one stall that forced me to regress to childhood more than any other it had to be David Purdue's wall of phenomenal Fords and Fergies. The only question was which one to choose? After much deliberation and drooling I decided on this bubble cabbed and dual wheeled 8210 whilst John (JDC) who I caught up with in a similar mode at the DBP stand plumped for the Super Q version. Nice to meet your lovely wife too John. :)

DSC06787.jpg

DSC06788.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

After it was carefully packed away for me by the nice chap manning David's stand at the time he uttered the following words to me,

"Once you've bought one, you'll be wanting another."

I replied, "True, but one's enough for today."

Funny, how twenty minutes later whilst browsing Cenfyn Davies's stand this little beauty was being prepared for it's journey back to Pickering.

DSC06790.jpg

DSC06728.jpg

DSC06730.jpg

Hi David

Its nice to see that ford 8210  i have driven its real counterpart i didn't even realise they made a model version, who is it made by? I will certainly be looking for one for my collection this year now i know they are available

Nick

No wonder your collection is growing when you 'bulk buy'.  :D

8210 is a cracker but can't help thinking there is something missing from nearside of engine - steering pump??

Thanks for posting them Dave, must say I like the 6610 best out of the two but wonder why DBP dont fit steps to it :-\

Hmmm  the 7610 does......

David that 6610 is  :P8)  and the 8210 is pukka to, very nice collection you have.

Thank you James, appreciated.  :)  They are fantastic models worth every penny. :)

Hi David

Its nice to see that ford 8210  i have driven its real counterpart i didn't even realise they made a model version, who is it made by? I will certainly be looking for one for my collection this year now i know they are available

Nick

Both models are made by David Purdue of DBP models Nick. His stand was in the right hand corner of the small hall as you walked in. He had a vast array of classic Fords, Countys on offer. I've never driven one but have many childhood memories ( and photographs my Dad took ) of several that once operated around the area I currently live. Here's a link to his website:

http://www.dbpmodels.com

Thanks for posting them Dave, must say I like the 6610 best out of the two but wonder why DBP dont fit steps to it :-\

Your very welcome Mark, there are odd details it would appear that are missing from both but for me they don't detract from the memories they generate or how nice they look sat in the cabinet together :)

i think come toytrac i may have to break the bank and get a nice ford of dave, the one tris bought impressed me no end, as does that one, lovely small tractor just the sort of think i like

My small plan for the future now Sean is to collect Ford tractors built by Dave that previously operated on the family farm in Dalby or ones i've had the pleasure of driving myself, just need to start saving again now. :)

No wonder your collection is growing when you 'bulk buy'.  :D

8210 is a cracker but can't help thinking there is something missing from nearside of engine - steering pump??

Hmmm  the 7610 does......

I wouldn't have it any other way now when it comes to the beginning of April John. :) Priority now is look for some more suitable second hand cabinets to house any future purchases. I would quite like to find a suitable implement to match to the 8210, I was thinking the Nodet drill but any other suggestions would be welcome :)

Thanks buddy ;D ;D ;)

Your welcome mate. :)

will get his 240 mf when its done, then a few smaller fords will be coming my way, often look at them and cant decide, but having a good look at yours and tris's has convinced me, daves work is always second to none, so time to dabble in his fords now i think

will get his 240 mf when its done, then a few smaller fords will be coming my way, often look at them and cant decide, but having a good look at yours and tris's has convinced me, daves work is always second to none, so time to dabble in his fords now i think

I had a very close inspection of the big County's too whilst I was there Sean and they are stunning representations of the real deal, but for the time being I'd rather save up for tractors of his that remind me the most of my childhood, i'm looking towards a 2wd bubble cabbed 5610 next. :)

Here's a some together shots along with my other classic blue purchase from Sunday a Universal Hobbies Ford pre-force 5000.

DSC06798.jpg

DSC06794.jpg

DSC06801.jpg

My other blue purchase was the ROS New Holland T7070. This model is great value for money and has detail almost on a par with the Wiking Fendts.

DSC06722.jpg

DSC06724.jpg

DSC06784.jpg

That 7070 looks brilliant the detailing on it looks brilliant everything about it looks brilliant like it :D8). I see you have a couple of wiking tractors what are they like im getting itchy feet im seriously thinking about getting one but before i do take the plunge can you tell me more about them?

cheers buddy :D :D

Nick

The New Holland T7070 wasn't the only ROS model to join my collection on Sunday, Two others, beginning with the dual wheeled Fiat 180-90, also headed home with me. This is a cracking model and one of the best dual wheeled rigid models available at the moment. I'll readily admit i'm being ever so slightly biased because i'm a huge fan of the angular and purposeful Pinninfarina lines of these beasts which again reminds me of the type of tractor styling around in my younger days.

DSC06767.jpg

DSC06705.jpg

DSC06769.jpg

Whilst this Same Iron is also a respectable representation from ROS although I can't help but think those front tyres look a little bit too "fat." I found this nice model on Holderness Model's stand. It's seen alongside my only childhood Britains purchase a very tidy Same Galaxy 170 that came "mint-in-box" from G & M Farm Models.

DSC06694.jpg

DSC06696.jpg

DSC06697.jpg

That 7070 looks brilliant the detailing on it looks brilliant everything about it looks brilliant like it :D8) . I see you have a couple of wiking tractors what are they like im getting itchy feet im seriously thinking about getting one but before i do take the plunge can you tell me more about them?

cheers buddy :D :D

Nick

I'm mightily impressed with ROS's commitment to the detail of the models they produce nowadays ( Imber Fords for example ) and the T7070 is right up there.

In terms of accuracy and playable detail the Wiking models are second to none Nick in 1/32nd scale. Each of mine cost just over £40 and for that you get loads of moving features, opening doors, rear window, bonnet and steering axle. The front and rear linkages too are very realistic. In fact everything on them moves with ease like a well oiled and engineered real machine. Maybe these photographs will aid your decision. A closer look at the other Wiking I purchased on Sunday, the Deutz Agrontron TTV - 630.

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06701.jpg

I also have the Claas Axion which I bought from Spalding last year. If you would like to see some closer photographs of that particular model too I'll post some up tommorow.

Yes i know they are quite expensive hence the reason why i want to know what they are like before i get one as i dont want to lay out the money and get one and they not worth the money but what i can see of the photos they do look really quite nice i think i will put one on the spalding list for october im sure some of the nice people there will let me have a close look at one well i hope anyway!!!!

Regards nick

Yes i know they are quite expensive hence the reason why i want to know what they are like before i get one as i dont want to lay out the money and get one and they not worth the money but what i can see of the photos they do look really quite nice i think i will put one on the spalding list for october im sure some of the nice people there will let me have a close look at one well i hope anyway!!!!

Regards nick

You won't be disapointed mate, for the detail they provide they represent excellent value for money and they're also very well put together, personally it's difficult to choose between the two Fendts for a favourite. :)

I've been collecting the Toy Farmer edition prairie monsters since my first trip to Spalding back in '98 where I purchased a Big Bud 440 on triples. I managed to find these missing links and the recent Steiger on Martyn's Farm Models stand. The industrial yellow machine is my favourite because I wasn't even aware it existed. Although the detail on these and the most recent green machine isn't a patch on previous examples such as the Oliver 2655 or International 4366, still eyecatching models though.

DSC06775.jpg

DSC06774.jpg

DSC06679.jpg

DSC06678.jpg

DSC06677.jpg

DSC06676.jpg

I have the steiger wildcat II but in the traditional lime green livery very well made in my opinion do you find that the exhaust and air cleaner don't stand up vertical thats the only thing that i haven't managed to sort and get them stood up correctly but still very good models never the less :D :D :D

Nick

wow david , great collection you are building  :)  nice new purchases from spalding , they all look smart  8)

i know what you mean about the detail on the wiking models, myself having a jd 6930 which even the prop shaft underneath truns on it  :of:)