The Aughton Valley Collection

wow david , great collection you are building  :)  nice new purchases from spalding , they all look smart  8)

i know what you mean about the detail on the wiking models, myself having a jd 6930 which even the prop shaft underneath truns on it  :of:)

So you would say as well then that they are worth the money then 05Rich?

Nick

Nick

I have got the Fendt 936 and 828, John Deere 6930, Claas Axion and the new Deutz TTV 630 so I can safely say that Wiking are great value for money and really well made, go for it ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have the steiger wildcat II but in the traditional lime green livery very well made in my opinion do you find that the exhaust and air cleaner don't stand up vertical thats the only thing that i haven't managed to sort and get them stood up correctly but still very good models never the less :D :D :D

Nick

A variation i'm still searching for Nick. Well constructed with eyecatching bold graphics, I really like them.:) Some of the exhausts and air cleaners on mine are slightly off straight, more down to the type of plastic they're made out of than anything else I think. Heres my Series I Wildcat i've had in my collection for the last 10 years:

DSC06806.jpg

....whilst another Toy Farmer Steiger based tractor I have is this Titan variation ( bascically a remanufactured green machine ) I bought this from Spalding 11 years ago.

DSC06807.jpg

wow david , great collection you are building  :)  nice new purchases from spalding , they all look smart  8)

i know what you mean about the detail on the wiking models, myself having a jd 6930 which even the prop shaft underneath truns on it  :of:)

Thanks Rich, very pleased with them all and thoroughly enjoying the collection i'm building up. Although it will be a good while now before I add to it. :)

Nick

I have got the Fendt 936 and 828, John Deere 6930, Claas Axion and the new Deutz TTV 630 so I can safely say that Wiking are great value for money and really well made, go for it ;) ;) ;) ;)

Couldn't agree more Mike, here's the Claas Axion for your interest Nick:

DSC06809.jpg

DSC06810.jpg

I think im going to bite the bullet and get one when i have a bit of spare cash im liking the axion and the 6930 so its going to be a toss up between them both am i right in saying that they are a sister company to siku? thats what most of my collection is made up of i love the build quality of them.

Nick

I think im going to bite the bullet and get one when i have a bit of spare cash im liking the axion and the 6930 so its going to be a toss up between them both am i right in saying that they are a sister company to siku? thats what most of my collection is made up of i love the build quality of them.

Nick

I think so Nick, although someone a little more knowledgable than me may be able to clarify this for you. Siku do make some very solid models loaded with playability, the graphics on the two Fastracs above are very impressive. The McCormick TTX is probably my favourite of their general releases. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to installing cabinets four and five into my room which have had a little bit of work done to them and are now securely screwed to the wall and each other. Really pleased with them and it gives me loads more space to play with for any future purchases:

DSC06827.jpg

DSC06839.jpg

DSC06840.jpg

great stuff david , you could easily add more shelves in those cabinates

Thanks Rich, appreciated. Very easily mate, already have plans for extra shelves in my two most recent cabinets at some point, i've plenty of extra depth to play with in both of them. ;)

great display david,you have some nice models there ,are you going to post up the other cabinets?

Thank you Paul, appreciated. I've been having a little look back over my collection posts since I began posting on F.T.F over a year ago which more or less coincided with the purchase of my first cabinet when I realised my desk, draw tops and bookcases weren't going cope with my blossoming hobby.

Here's my collection and cabinets that hold most of my models in their current state.

Cabinet number 1.

Still my favourite with it's mirrored back. I'm also most pleased with how my models are layed out in this cabinet. This one hasn't altered all that much in it's contents except for the blue shelf which now holds my PDC, DT conversions, Imber and DBP Fords. On top now resides all but my Claas self propelled foragers having replaced my original collection of John Deere tractors there:

DSC06869.jpg

DSC06847.jpg

Cabinet number 2.

My second restored cabinet was originally sat perched on top of a set of draws to the opposite side of cabinet 1. However the arrival of my much larger third, means it now sits on the one remaining bookcase I have in my room. The contents of this one altered recently with my Spalding Wiking,Weise and Shuco Fendt arrivals taking priority over my Siku general releases:

DSC06858.jpg

DSC06859.jpg

DSC06860.jpg

DSC06861.jpg 

My magazine collections:

DSC06863.jpg

DSC06864.jpg

My previous bookcase used for displaying some of my model collection on now resides in the spare room doing what it was originally designed to do. It holds my mostly tractor, plant and Jeremy Clarkson related literature along with my small colection of Matchbox "works" Fords and an IXO MG Metro 6R4.

DSC06865.jpg

DSC06866.jpg

DSC06867.jpg

DSC06868.jpg

Very nice cabinet you have there and great models.

texas

Thanks Bas enjoyed setting them all up recently and it now means I can focus againg on saving a few more pennies for some more models to fill the space i've now created. :)

Nice display of models there David 8) 8) 8) 8) Are all your models on shelves or have you got a layout for them?

Nick

Thank you Nick. :) They're all confined to my room in the cabinets and shelves in the photographs whilst the implements are tooked away in draws for the time being. Along with the books, magazines and loose photographs I have I also have a brochure collection amounting to around 300 items which I've recently begun to put into ring binder files. Depending on future circumstance I'd love one day to have a layout of some description based around the family farm my Uncle still runs in the heart of Dalby Forest, with the late eighties to mid nineties as my chosen era. :)

thanks for posting the pictures david,what a collection you have,and nicely displayed

Your welcome Paul, appreciate your kind words. Enjoyed photographing the cabinets and comparing them with how my collection has evolved since I first started posting on F.T.F. :)

David i see you have my bible in your book case, id be lost with out all 4 in the series

The crawler tractor scrap book

The best books i have on nz machine history,

how do you rate it?

You have a very impressive and large colection how long has it taken to build up?

Nick