DJ Agri

Dan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks , we do like to keep the machinery tidy gives a good company image. Yes it has , a lot better than last year that's for sure also a few deals have freed up some money for a few upgrades next year ;)

• 1 month later...

The new Marston silage trailer performed well this year & the wide tyres made a big difference to how the trailer travelled , not looking to change anymore trailers its been decided to fit new wheels to the 3 main trailers.

i4bs.jpg

Getting them unloaded with the trusty 3400

xkon.jpg

This trailer was definitely in need of some new rubber, it is the oldest trailer in the fleet but as it has a rear hook it gets a lot of use

qrl5.jpg

much better

xadj.jpg

two of the trailers parked up and a shot of the back yard with all the clutter

16i9.jpg

9o4h.jpg

Those tyres are very nice, if you don't mind me asking where are they from? Yard is grand too a proper farm feel to it. Do the bolts in the trailer make the silage sides removable?

Yeah iam realy pleased with the wheels I got them from this site http://www.cdmodelz.net/# . Thanks ,yeah the bolts allow me to take the sides off so I could use the trailer for grain.

• 1 month later...

Well after a long time a new fertilizer spreader has been brought. Its another amazon and will be used on the 6210r mostly as it has the Greenstar.

P1010835.jpg

P1010834.jpg

With the nice weather its been put too work spreading on some grassland

P1010828.jpg

Abit of a change is takeing place as well ,our main tractor driver has had to leave us too return working on the family farm. This will see the MF 1200 going as this is his own tractor that we stored at the farm for him, we have also sold the MF 8280 which was his work tractor. We have sold it privately and its replacement is coming sometime this month.

P1010843.jpg

The decision was also made to sell the TW25 its in realy good condition but is taking up space in the shed and isn't realy used anymore either.

P1010841.jpg

Also had the 7810 out earning its keep on its first days spreading this year

P1010849.jpg

Has that 7810 got bigger boots on it? Doesn't look like the pics I have seen of them that's all

Nope, they are the standard wheels. Now you have said it though they do look slightly wider, must be the angle of the picture

Hi there nice layout, I like the hedges as you come into the farm gates, nice touch! 

Can i ask, did you make the buckrake yourself or is it bought?  I am looking for one for my JCB, I only have one for the back of the tractor at the moment and its just not the same!

Hi there nice layout, I like the hedges as you come into the farm gates, nice touch! 

Can i ask, did you make the buckrake yourself or is it bought?  I am looking for one for my JCB, I only have one for the back of the tractor at the moment and its just not the same!

Thanks, the buckrake in the picture of the "back yard" is the standard buckrake that comes with the Britians JCB farmmaster I have painted the side tines red though.

• 4 weeks later...

The replacement for the Massey has arrived , its another JD 6210R it also sees a new driver join the team. Jack will have the new 6210R his main jobs will be the mowing, ploughing and square baling.

P1010859.jpg

Too go with the new tractor a new plough has been purchased

P1010862.jpg

Another new purchase is the Claas Jaguar 960. This will take over from the John Deere 7400 which is getting on abit. The 7400 is going too stay in the fleet for this season too act a backup and the possibility of running 2 foragers. This decision was taken mostly on the poor trade in price offered for the John Deere machine.

P1010867.jpg

The forager has spent some time in the workshop to fit the additive carrier frame too the back.

P1010869.jpg

Along with the forager comes a Claas liner 3000 this is too cope with the higher output and also the fact that it is becoming more common too do 3 or even 4 cuts resulting in lighter crops ,the rake will help get a bigger swath reducing costs.

P1010888.jpg

The new machines together, they will both have the company logo applied in time.

P1010874.jpg

Archived