Walter Derwent's Harvest Action

The Tractor Twitcher

i cant wait for that claas 770 to come out in 1/32,great photos again david

Thanks Paul, appreciated. If I can find the 770 working and take some photographs then i'd love to be able to display the forthcoming model with some action shots of my own just like i've done with the Schuco Challenger. :)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that a very good combination david,i seen the challenger,looks smart with the photo,norev are making the 770 terra trac

Thanks Paul, enjoyed displaying the Challenger in that way. I'll definitely have to put some pennies aside for one when it's released and hope I find the real deal in action too.

some wonderful photos there David, really like the JD 530, did you take any more of it?

Thanks Joe, appreciated. Unfortunately I didn't take anymore pictures of the lovely 530, it was in very good order. I'm planning on returning to this yard at some point as they also farm aswell, so if it's still around I'll take some more of it and post them up here. :)

Thanks David - I've never come across any of those older JD's, earliest I have seen was a 955, so always great to see that some are still around, and as you say, in nice nick too.

Nice to see that Dommy 80 as well...would make a nice restoration project I think...

Thanks David - I've never come across any of those older JD's, earliest I have seen was a 955, so always great to see that some are still around, and as you say, in nice nick too.

Nice to see that Dommy 80 as well...would make a nice restoration project I think...

I reckon it must be at least 20 years since I last saw one similar to the 530 in the flesh Joe, really nice to see in such cared for condition. A local contractor up until around five years ago was still running a John Deere 965 which I regret not photographing whilst he had it. As for the old Dominator, not the prettiest example you're ever likely to see, it would definitely be nice to see it tidied up. :)

Some more great photos David, especially that Lexion  ;D  do you still wan't to visit ours and take some pictures this harvest?

Thanks ever so much Patrick. If I were to take an educated guess i'd assume the big 770 Lexion belongs to Birdsall Estates, it's their 600 Terra - Trac that appears earlier in this thread. I'd absolutely love to have a ride over take some action shots at yours this harvest. Apologies for not catching up at Driffield Show I think was just about on my way home when I read your message. I'll send you a text or PM on here and we'll sort something out. :)

Thanks ever so much Patrick. If I were to take an educated guess i'd assume the big 770 Lexion belongs to Birdsall Estates, it's their 600 Terra - Trac that appears earlier in this thread. I'd absolutely love to have a ride over take some action shots at yours this harvest. Apologies for not catching up at Driffield Show I think was just about on my way home when I read your message. I'll send you a text or PM on here and we'll sort something out. :)

Is the lexion TT the one with a JD and wolds trailer leading off? And same really, with it being so wet I hardly managed to get round the stands myself, even with us staying til 6pm  :of  I will PM you about sorting a day out, we will be a week or so off starting our oats then wheat when we get some good weather

Is the lexion TT the one with a JD and wolds trailer leading off? And same really, with it being so wet I hardly managed to get round the stands myself, even with us staying til 6pm  :of  I will PM you about sorting a day out, we will be a week or so off starting our oats then wheat when we get some good weather

Thanks Patrick that would be really good. It certainly is, from a couple of years ago now. I barely made it beyond lunchtime before I decided to head home from the show. I did bump into the Ettys on the Claas stand so i'm also planning a trip to see them this harvest when time alows. Speaking of John Deere combines and specifically the 2064....."here's one I found earlier" :)

I discovered it earlier on today making short work of this oilseed rape crop overlooking a view that has become rather familiar to this thread.

P1080104.jpg

P1080106.jpg

P1080127.jpg

P1080128.jpg

P1080130.jpg

I love that combine and view David, its like ours that one with the 18ft header as well  ;D

By no means the steepest slopes, not by a long way Patrick, but they certainly provide a great setting to photograph machinery against the backdrop of the Vale of Pickering. That's another nice local combine now crossed off my "hit list" really looking forward to photographing your example when the opportunity arises. :)

P1080113.jpg

For your's an anyone elses interest this farm also runs John Deere tractors too in the shape of several 7020 and 7030 series machines, in this instance it was a 7530 and Triffitt trailer on carting duties.

P1080110.jpg

They say variety is the spice of life and whilst i'ts nice to return to farms and combines i've found to photograph previously I gain much more enjoyment from finding others i've never captured before. So with the cloudy start to the day lifting my first port of call this afternoon was to see this montrous Case IH 9010 AFS which was due to start tucking into the main part of this field of oilseed rape. Unfortunately after samples were taken it was deemed unfit at least for a few more days. No action shots, however I am planning a return trip during the course of next week.

P1080161.jpg

P1080162.jpg

P1080165.jpg

P1080171.jpg

P1080175.jpg

Is the 9010 the same basic machine as the NH CR9080/90?

Truth be told Mrol I personally haven't a clue, i've always assumed the Case IH machines differed in design from the New Holland rotary combines, even since the merger took place. However hopefully fellow members and resident machinery "experts" will be able to clarify for certain. :)

Headed out along the base of the Vale this evening after i'd finished work with some ominous looking clouds for company. My first discovery was my contracting friend's New Holland T6080 and Claas Quadrant baler getting stuck into 35 acres of barley straw.

P1080262.jpg

P1080279.jpg

P1080283.jpg

P1080274.jpg

P1080288.jpg

Archived