Britains 2010 Releases

nathan

looking good, some nice products from RC2 at last!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy, any reason why they don't have diecast type mud guards any more?, just curious as they used to on the old Ford and MF, wondered if it had a big 'cost' increase having them? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the whole thread, because none of this is my thing at all (I only collect 'Ancient Britains', certainly pre 1970, preferably pre 1940), but I take it that Britains has pretty much given up on people & animals?

I think thats also a reflection of real farming in the UK??? Hardly any workers left on farms or livestock 

I think thats also a reflection of real farming in the UK??? Hardly any workers left on farms or livestock 

I think this depends more on where you live, plenty of livestock down here.

I haven't read the whole thread, because none of this is my thing at all (I only collect 'Ancient Britains', certainly pre 1970, preferably pre 1940), but I take it that Britains has pretty much given up on people & animals?

They still list livestock sets, some on limited availability, and three standing figures with a dog............limited availability too, along with horses and riders. These in the 2010 autumn catalogue. No loose ones anymore. The shepherd has finally been pensioned of and the scarecrow burnt/fell apart  ;)

looking good, some nice products from RC2 at last!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy, any reason why they don't have diecast type mud guards any more?, just curious as they used to on the old Ford and MF, wondered if it had a big 'cost' increase having them? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

do you mean as opposed to the ertl 956xl from the 90s

They had a good long run though. Although not the same moulds all the time (i.e. not as good as the 1st versions  >:( ), the shepherd has been essentially the same figure since 1957, the scarecrow since 1961.

Be nice if Britains could do a limited edition run of some of the older (Herald) figures, say a dozen different value packs comprising different animals and people.

Be nice if Britains could do a limited edition run of some of the older (Herald) figures, say a dozen different value packs comprising different animals and people.

Are modern alloys & moulding methods capable of producing such fine mouldings (e.g. cats, rabbits & farmer's daughter) in metal to a high quality at a reasonable price (in China)? There are lots of 1950s plastic figures, not just Herald, and not just farm ranges, which would make great metal figures.

A few examples: Cavendish: 18th century soldiers, King Henry VIII & Wives, Ceremonial soldiers,

and  Timpo solids: Knights, Waterloo, Cowboys/Indians & 8th Army sets,   

Are modern alloys & moulding methods capable of producing such fine mouldings (e.g. cats, rabbits & farmer's daughter) in metal to a high quality at a reasonable price (in China)? There are lots of 1950s plastic figures, not just Herald, and not just farm ranges, which would make great metal figures.

A few examples: Cavendish: 18th century soldiers, King Henry VIII & Wives, Ceremonial soldiers,

and  Timpo solids: Knights, Waterloo, Cowboys/Indians & 8th Army sets, 

I would say so I collect the William Britains soldiers and they have some fantastic highly detailed figures.

For the first time in a long time, I am now rushing to this thread before the UH release thread...  :of  Happy days  :)

Not up my street particularly but fair play, cracking model!  ;D

Found it to be the same for myself too Simon. Nice topic to follow, if not for prospective purchases then just to see the rejuvenation of Britains. :)

Again it looks like another winner to me, well done Britains. Is this possibly a start of a whole new line for Britians, ie making models for the collector as in the past as we all know most of their products were aimed at children. To me most children wont know what these models are as they haven't grown up around them and therefore don't want to add one to the carpet farm as most tractors they may see out and about are mainly newer models. I hope they make a strong comeback as some of us older collectors first started collecting Britains when young and I for one believe it is them who made the model tractor world what it is today.

in referance to the IH version of the 956 the weights look like they might be able to

detatch from the rest of the tractor, i do hope they do i dont like model tractors with

wight all the time and this reelects real life as farmers dont want them on all the time

as i wouls weare out the front boots  ;)