Britains Kane Trailer ????????????

it coud mean cheeper scratch biults .or better , could be a crap model give it to martin to make a few minor ajustments ... or me  ;) trubile is any 1 could do the few tweeks its going to need IF it coms out!

well noel kane knows martin is making trailers so maybe he prefers to keep it that way?

iv a fealing you could be right!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u lot not catch onto anything???

Readin some of these posts is interesting,

1. The Quality of this new trailer is unknown, therefore none can make comment,

2. This is not competition to anyone like myself+Blake, Martin or Chris Irwin, In fact if this trailer does appear i cannot wait, No only on presumption that it is in "toy Quality" that britains focus on It will actually boost my sales, Martins sales and anyone else making them, as we cater for a different market,

Also,

Or even became aware of Kane trailers at all!

Noel Kane himself told me most of there products are exported, to Europe, Irish + UK markets are only a small proportion of their business, I have sold over 30 Kane models to norway and sweden ALONE and that is in the past 6 months.

I sell a few kanes here, Most are to England rest europe,

I can't speak for Martin but I'm sure he's flat out on them too.

If it works out wonder if theyll do a herron

That is like saying will they build a Nugent cattle trailer just because they do an Ifor Williams, Doubt it.

As for cheaper scratch builds, There is alot of time and effort goes into scratch builds, You try asking BOR if he'll build you a cheap machine, He will build you a perfect machine because he can and there are no shortcuts whatsoever, I'm sure martin spends alot of time on a trailer, If him or Myself or Blake or stu or ANYONE on here who scratch builds could do something cheaper they maybe would already, Remember it is the time and effort and the finished result you pay for,

You want a Britains trailer resprayed to make it better?

The base machine still needs work and basing this on the marston it would be almost cheaper to scratchbuild one than take one and remodel it.

Think I've covered most points.

Anymore daft Questions? ???

Moral of the story, You get what u pay for from a "conversionist" (is that an official title? "laugh out loud" :) )

If you ask about something that is not supposed to be public knowledge at this stage, you won't get an answer (you won't even get a NO, because, if you then ask about something that is true, they have to lie, or make no comment, which you would take as a 'yes').

I will be surprised, and very disappointed if this rumour is true - although the Marston is far from perfect, there are several dozen other machines to go behind their tractors that Britains need to produce before they make another trailer. 

The price of £38 clearly can't be right - even the UH trailers are less than that (£18 would be more realistic, it will be a toy after all!).

On a side note - this thread has some of the worst grammar and spelling I have ever seen. 

If you want your rant to be understood, take your time and double check before you Post

Thats my rant over!

Amen to that!!!!

I know some manufacturers can be funny with persons wishing to replicate their machines for the toy and model market but I would have been far more interested if this was about a McHale product. McHale, at least where I am are massive news. If you want a wrapper, you buy a McHale. It's almost a foregone conclusion.

It would however be a nice form of recognition for another closer to home manufacturer like Kane to have a trailer in their range put to carpet farming. I'm dubious about the price like most of you are, that does sound odd to me.

In any event, it hasn't been made, agreed or seen yet either way so all of this is hot air.

Also,

Noel Kane himself told me most of there products are exported, to Europe, Irish + UK markets are only a small proportion of their business, I have sold over 30 Kane models to norway and sweden ALONE and that is in the past 6 months.

I sell a few kanes here, Most are to England rest europe,

I can't speak for Martin but I'm sure he's flat out on them too.

I was saying Britains probably hadn't been aware that Kane made trailers before seeing the handbuilt ones, not anybody else

its ok saying Britains are toys and you get what you pay for, they always have produced toys that had detail they just stopped doing either years ago.

With all the trailer/machinery manufacturers in the UK why a Kane trailer???

I have recieved word from the horses mouth on this. There are two new trailers in development with final specs to be sorted out for early 2011, but pricing is completely incorrect. Pricing will be in line with the rest of the Britains range.

with all the trailer/machinery manufacturers in the UK why a Kane trailer???

Why not?  Given that Britains market is more than just the UK (and that the UK is probably only a small proportion of their global market nowadays), why should anyone expect them to only base their products on UK made equipment?  Kane are apparently a well known make across much of Europe.  How many UK trailer makers have any substantial amount of recognition elsewhere?

As to the detail, I suggest you take a good look - there is now far more detail on their products than there ever was back in their supposed heyday, and some of it is even accurate (thinking in particular of the Fordson Majors which never accurately represented the version of the real thing that they purported to be)

I have recieved word from the horses mouth on this. There are two new trailers in development with final specs to be sorted out for early 2011, but pricing is completely incorrect. Pricing will be in line with the rest of the Britains range.

Next time you speak to the horse, ask him why we need two new trailers when we are still awaiting a plough  ;)  (or would it be because perhaps Kane are paying some or all of the development costs?)

if britains are making two new trailers, will they make them the right size for their bales to fit on with no overhang. i would not mind seeing some more impliments from the either and maybe bringing back some other models like the small square balers for the young model collectors like me that have not had the luck of getting hands on them

Why not?  Given that Britains market is more than just the UK (and that the UK is probably only a small proportion of their global market nowadays), why should anyone expect them to only base their products on UK made equipment?  Kane are apparently a well known make across much of Europe.  How many UK trailer makers have any substantial amount of recognition elsewhere?

As to the detail, I suggest you take a good look - there is now far more detail on their products than there ever was back in their supposed heyday, and some of it is even accurate (thinking in particular of the Fordson Majors which never accurately represented the version of the real thing that they purported to be)

Northern Ireland is in the UK  ;)

Good points as usual otherwise though!

and its supposed to be out the end of the summer and thats from noel kane himself

and the MF 7480 was originally supposed to be out in 2008, but we are in 2010 and still waiting and it seems as though it won't be here until near the end of the year now, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the trailers  :) 

Northern Ireland is in the UK  [img alt=;)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif

I hadn't even heard of Kane until a few months ago, and was under the (apparently erroneous) impression they were from Eire  :-[  I should do more research before posting.