Britains Kane Trailer ????????????

Northern Ireland is in the UK  ;)

Good points as usual otherwise though!

They have produce (and done a good job on it too in my opinion) the Keenan diet feeder which is definitely south of the border ;)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have produce (and done a good job on it too in my opinion) the Keenan diet feeder which is definitely south of the border ;)

actually the Keenan was good and if they try hard enuf they could pull it off and with all the scratch biulders doing them they have to get it right or no 1 will buy them! so could be a good model :-\

As to the detail, I suggest you take a good look - there is now far more detail on their products than there ever was back in their supposed heyday, and some of it is even accurate (thinking in particular of the Fordson Majors which never accurately represented the version of the real thing that they purported to be)

But at the time Britains models were the only ones in that scale and well made in my opinion (Im open for correction)

its good that that pic brought the humour to the subject because ive actually found all the comments funny,in that,we probably all missed the point.Britains make toys for children from 6-7 to 80-90,and if i had a wee boy who desperatly wanted a silage trailer id fret at handing him any of the good trailer makers fantastic builds to play with so i suppose demand and supply.i see the work that you,s all put into your trailers and there not for kids.a man rang me the other day to sell him a full umbilical system for his son for a communion present.7 YEARS OLD.i wouldnt sell it to him,some may say moneys money but for me i like to know my builds will get the respect that they deserve as do all your trailer builds..so now the children can have their tough trailers and we.ll buy the better ones

Jack all to do with money and respect Buddy,

I don't sell to children for the fear of them swallowing small parts etc .. . all that toy manufacturers must have nightmares gettin product classed as suitable for young uns ye know wwhat i mean?

Why not?  Given that Britains market is more than just the UK (and that the UK is probably only a small proportion of their global market nowadays), why should anyone expect them to only base their products on UK made equipment?  Kane are apparently a well known make across much of Europe.  How many UK trailer makers have any substantial amount of recognition elsewhere?

What i was trying to get across is something from Simba or Keenan would make more sense, especially as in my opinion there are plenty of Continental European trailers by the likes of UH, Siku, ROS.

As to the detail, I suggest you take a good look - there is now far more detail on their products than there ever was back in their supposed heyday, and some of it is even accurate (thinking in particular of the Fordson Majors which never accurately represented the version of the real thing that they purported to be)

They may have more detail now but in my opinion theyre still not as robust as they used to be.

• 1 month later...

well dont think we should slag britians just yet without seeing the actual model. after all they did make a good job of the keenan diet feeder and the ivor williams cattle trailer, so there is no reason why they cant do a good job of the kane halfpipe!! yes we all would like more implements like rotovator or plough, but the kane halfpipe could be a step in the right direction!! my source tells me that the proto is looking good! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...