Moss Hill Farm

robertw1

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the typical brushwoods quality, well made and well thought through. the base and the sides are made from 6mm mdf and the two removable roof panels are 4mm. I think it all depends on what you want it for. It is quite big compared to my models but if you have the space why not. I personally would say have a go making one your self because you will enjoy doing it and it will fit your space better, also if it goes wrong you can by one latter. :)

Superb layout Robert. What's so amazing is it's actually quite a small layout isn't it - but your attention to detail is incredible. I particularly liked the sheep grazing above the pit. You had only about an inch strip along the top of the hill there and you managed to make it look like a field of grazing animals. I also think you scored well with the judges because of the originality. Can I just ask you - do you make it up as you go along or work from a plan?

Thanks for the comments :), the insulation works well as it is also very light. As far as plans go I sort of have an image in my head of what I want it to be like and just go from there making alterations and adding bits in as I go. Go ahead and use as many pictures as you like. I think that Tris and Chris took some, and I suspect they might be better quality.

The farm has bought a bale spike for the jcb and the seller wants it out there way so Shaun was going to head over there to pick it up. However he had a phone call last night to say that the new loader tractor they bought to replace there jcb had already broken down and there was no one there tomorow to help load so Shawn had borrowed toms engine crane that morning.

012_zps08642a2d.jpg

013_zpsd448a9a4.jpg

015_zps7f44bf47.jpg

017_zpsad7bcf8d.jpg

Congratulations (again) on your success at Toytrac.  Warner and I had a hard job judging the entries and we did not know which was a winner until we added up the points for each entry at the very end.  I loved the whole idea of the chalk pit but having the extracted chalk being laid down on the barn floor was a treat. 

I meant to ask you which came first - laying the the chalk floor or the quarry?

Archived