Whats your favourite model tractor that you own?

bob123

Was wondering what everyones favourite model tractor is that they currently own?it can be any make,model,age,condition,size,scratchbuild etc.My own favourite is this rare Britains Fordson Yellow Industrial tractor

post-2885-0-39968400-1342120783_thumb.jp

post-2885-0-37391100-1342120854_thumb.jp

Very nice example (certainly in better condition than mine), but change that driver!

My favourite oldie is a Britains 5000 transition model, with front mounted oval exhaust and 6600 decal.

So many I like though, especially my new two-faced IH 956/1056xl Transition model!

i have given this a lot of thought, and i just cant make my mind up. my ertl precision john deere 8400 would probably just shade it.i have a lot of schuco, weise and wiking which are all equally as pleasing. my marge 2wd 7610 is right up there too.

Good question indeed .....and after a long and hard think it has to be one of the tractor models I have owned in my collection for around 43 years. Its my childhood Ford 5000 complete with box and wheel rot which my father bought me from Harrod's in London circa 1969 when he was down at the London Building Exhibition. It has done a lot of 1/32 farming and is still on the same clutch and rear tyres from new ;D ;D ...a new air cleaner. exhaust and draw - bar pin was kindly donated to me by G&M Farm models a few years ago including two rear wheel centers...but after 43 years I suspect the tubes will be stuck to the rims with rust :huh: so best to leave as is me thinks ;D ;D

09012010008.jpg

606c22fb.jpg

09012010009.jpg

A cab was later added and was bought from the toy shop in Ballater in Aberdeenshire (Scotland the What fans will see the funny side to that shop and reference to the present of a cuddly futret made by a wifie in Hong Kong for young Prince William) and also a driver who suffered a leg amputation and I can't remember why that happened. In addition I must have had a earlier Fordson bit only the draw - bar / implement hitch piece has survived and was repainted black and used as a transport box.

4851e947.jpg

Here is what I was referring to above about "the cuddly futret".....just ask any Scottish FTF members if ye dinna ken fit it means ;D ;D

http://thecathedralchoir.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/futrets.html

Good question indeed .....and after a long and hard think it has to be one of the tractor models I have owned in my collection for around 43 years. Its my childhood Ford 5000 complete with box and wheel rot which my father bought me from Harrod's in London circa 1969 when he was down at the London Building Exhibition. It has done a lot of 1/32 farming and is still on the same clutch and rear tyres from new ;D ;D ...a new air cleaner. exhaust and draw - bar pin was kindly donated to me by G&M Farm models a few years ago including two rear wheel centers...but after 43 years I suspect the tubes will be stuck to the rims with rust :huh: so best to leave as is me thinks ;D ;D

09012010008.jpg

606c22fb.jpg

09012010009.jpg

A cab was later added and was bought from the toy shop in Ballater in Aberdeenshire (Scotland the What fans will see the funny side to that shop and reference to the present of a cuddly futret made by a wifie in Hong Kong for young Prince William) and also a driver who suffered a leg amputation and I can't remember why that happened. In addition I must have had a earlier Fordson bit only the draw - bar / implement hitch piece has survived and was repainted black and used as a transport box.

4851e947.jpg

Here is what I was referring to above about "the cuddly futret".....just ask any Scottish FTF members if ye dinna ken fit it means ;D ;D

ha ha very good bill. my late dad came from banff n spoke just like that even calling me his wee loon! ;D

I've been pondering about an answer for this topic for a few days and come to the conclusion of how long is a piece of string. As for the life of me there is no one model that I think more of than any other. I could say that all are my favourite. On the other hand If the subject was what is your favourite farm model that would be easy Because it would be my Laverda as I made it and no one else has the same one.

Had to think a bit about this one,but I reckon it's got to be between these two,

8.jpg

My Manu's International 1455XL,

Or,my scratch built 8000 Series Tracked Massey,

SitTingchap1.jpg

But I still think the best mass produced tractor model is,the big Schluter

PGduals1.jpg

Probably because the guy that commissioned it,own's the real deal.

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3