Britains 2013 New Releases

tractorman314

Would it be wishful thinking with all these classics coming from Britains for a remake on their DX 110?

This is certainly a model / toy I'd thoroughly enjoy seeing Britains re-visit one day. I've many a happy childhood memory of the original Britains version on my carpet farm. :) 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the DX110 & DX92 farmed a fair bit of my carpet too back in the day along with the Fiat 880 & Ford 6600. ;D  But I could see the likes of Weise or Schuco do one before Britains maybe.

My TWs have a bit of a longer journey to travel over the Irish sea from G&M ,so ye lot will have them before me I guess. :-    Saying that ,it works out cheaper for me to buy & ship them from G&M than to source them here at home. I might  MIGHT!! still be the first guy to have them in Southern Ireland tough!! ;D

Justy, im a southern irish guy also and i get alot of stuff across the border in enniskillen.pm me if you want details

Got the three Ford TWs this morning via Britains (they are for review purposes). Have to say my initial impressions of them are very favourable. To my mind they offer great value but somehow look much better in the flesh than I'd been expecting having seen the earlier pics of them, which were admittedly of the prototypes. I'm still not 100% sure if the TW-30 looks quite right, but it's not far off. The TW-10 and TW-20 look really good to me.

On the earlier pics the cab didn't look quite right but it appears pretty good in the flesh.

I have noticed that the gear lever arrangement on the smaller tractor looks like it has come from a later Series 30 Powershift (the upright powershift lever isn't on the models, just the base). Apart from that I think they have done a brilliant job for £18.99.

Haven't had time to study the fit and finish, etc yet but proportionally the items look good.

R Day

Saw one I market this morning Jack. A 6615, looks very smart similar in size to 6480's. hope this helps :)

Surely that means its a fair bit bigger than the previous 4 cylinders?

good luck chris, antics are going through a major store wide restructure right now, and the local one in plymouth is not selling tractors as of the last bits being sold, thats uh or tomy, which i have never seen anyway, even the managers been laid off and a new one taken on from the "warhammer" part of the store,usless little nerk that he is

good luck chris, antics are going through a major store wide restructure right now, and the local one in plymouth is not selling tractors as of the last bits being sold, thats uh or tomy, which i have never seen anyway, even the managers been laid off and a new one taken on from the "warhammer" part of the store,usless little nerk that he is

In their Stroud store, Games workshop stuff is still (thankfully) a tiny fraction of shop space (most is Hornby and radio-controlled stuff). Alas 1:32 is also in short supply, with a dozen or so UH tractors and implements, and several ex-catalogue Britains. Speaking to the local guys today, we were surprised there weren't more considering the rural surroundings and surmised it was to do with the dropping off in quality from the mid-90s to the mid-00's that put people off. Just having a few of the new releases on display should rectify this though.

Weird really, I couldn't even find any in local newsagents who, even in more rural areas usually have a reasonable selection.

Surely that means its a fair bit bigger than the previous 4 cylinders?

haven't seen one yet but from from what I read its a four cylinder engine in a six cylinder sized chassis,so must be close to 6480 or 90 dimensions

haven't seen one yet but from from what I read its a four cylinder engine in a six cylinder sized chassis,so must be close to 6480 or 90 dimensions

I would think that it would be 6480 sized as the 6490's we have at work are a lot bigger again

I would think that it would be 6480 sized as the 6490's we have at work are a lot bigger again

oh right Pat,I need to study some brochures as I need to know what other models can be made from a 7480.Was hopeing to make a 6490 or 95 from a 7480 by just doing a wheel and axle swap :-

oh right Pat,I need to study some brochures as I need to know what other models can be made from a 7480.Was hopeing to make a 6490 or 95 from a 7480 by just doing a wheel and axle swap :-

For a 6490 you would be best going with a uh 7499 I think. Pretty sure that the 6480 is the biggest tractor of the smaller 6cyl range

Ive seen a picture of the upcoming NH T7270 and it appears to have more detail than its predecessor 7060 including rear mudguard extensions (finally) although Ive got no interest in buying one as Ive got the super ROS versions :)  I would buy a CASE puma 230 if Britains update the 225 to a similar level to the new blue tractor.

Does anyone know if an upgraded Puma 230 is in the pipeline this year?

i ve just pick up the new JCB loadall  from monkbar models of York , the bucket & bag / bale tines fit on fine but the pallet forks wont fit on my model i d say i break them if i try to get them on any 1 having same trouble ?????????????????  or are they ment not to fit the frame ???

i ve just pick up the new JCB loadall  from monkbar models of York , the bucket & bag / bale tines fit on fine but the pallet forks wont fit on my model i d say i break them if i try to get them on any 1 having same trouble ???? ???? ???? ?????  or are they ment not to fit the frame ???

You have to clip the top on first then sorta flex them to get the bottom to clip on,

They are tight but do fit

Archived