Britains 2013 New Releases

tractorman314

Britains made the best models when i was growing up. The mf 135, ford 6600 (1st version), nh 376 baler and fyson elevator especially were superb for their time and i got years of playing from them so id love to see them back in the driving seat. Maybe make uh pay more attention as ive been disappointed at their tractors of late.

I always thought their range in the 80s was great - I loved all the stuff I had back then...the Smallford potato planter, krone bale wagon (even though I never saw one for real) the Fyson elevator as you mention - used to tow that all over the place...and despite being an American machine, the TR85 combine was probably my most played with toy as a kid.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Britains is really doing a comeback now. Now i just hope for them to bring out some of the Lamborghini 1706 in same standard as they did the TW's and IH's.

Or the new Lambo/Deutz/Same/Hurlimann series especially a 5 or 7 series Deutz Fahr would be nice :)

I always thought their range in the 80s was great - I loved all the stuff I had back then...the Smallford potato planter, krone bale wagon (even though I never saw one for real) the Fyson elevator as you mention - used to tow that all over the place...and despite being an American machine, the TR85 combine was probably my most played with toy as a kid.

Yeah the 80's range was great in their day. Im trying to build up my own little collection of 70's & 80's Britains gear at the moment & collecting the more modern stuff from UH etc has been put on hold for a while. Towards the mid 90's tough Britains did take a turn for the worst & the introduction of the very unaccurate Ford 5610 was the begining of a bad few years for Britains. 

I'm impressed with the JD's. The only slight issue I have would be with the wheel plastic. It just doesn't look right but all in all, a top job from Britains.

post-3-0-57967000-1377116621_thumb.jpg

This must be the best product that Britians have ever produced so far? For that amount of money it's a fantastic model!

As far as I am concerned Britains have got their act together much better than say UH or some others!

BOR, I think you will like the new JD 50 Series tractors from Britains, and I also think you will be able to put your talents to good use and enhance them in a few areas. A detailed three point hitch would be nice, along with some wider boots (the onesfitted seem to be the standard 'skinny' size. The work lights could in theory be moved slightly higher up the cab and rear mudguard extensions could be added. Beyond that, the standard model is hard to fault.

Regards

R Day

how higher Rory should the work lights be?

Archived