Ford 655D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the kind comments (hyperbole!). I must admit I enjoyed making this, even when I cut all the window glass and then painted the cab, so they didn't fit and finally getting a great big Aralditey fingerprint on the windscreen. The backhoe rams have eased off now too, so it won't stay 'up'. :-[  :- 

stunning workmanship there john. a real credit to you. just one piece of advice, just a little, stay in your workshop and build some to sell!!! i hope you stay snowed in so you get bored!!. you tallents never cease to amaze us all. if you are coming down to spalding, prehaps you could bring it with you, i would love to see it in all its glory.

Thank you all for the kind comments (hyperbole!). I must admit I enjoyed making this, even when I cut all the window glass and then painted the cab, so they didn't fit and finally getting a great big Aralditey fingerprint on the windscreen. The backhoe rams have eased off now too, so it won't stay 'up'. :-[  :- 

You should be "hyper" about all those well deserved comments John. Now I may be off at a tangent (but what's new) ;D  ;D

Isn't it either Talcum powder or Vaseline that is a cure for falling rams instead of bending them which I do not think is an option :huh: 

Not to sure if this might work,but,a little Pritt,the none sticky sticky stuff,might just resolve that loose ram problem, ???

Regards

Joe.

what have you made them from john??? i know when i used ally inners i found popping a small split in the ends inside the outer sleves provided  enough resistance to hold them, when it wears down being ally, you just spread them out a tad more ,usally just the split alone is enough without splaying they out to begin with

Not to sure if this might work,but,a little Pritt,the none sticky sticky stuff,might just resolve that loose ram problem, ???

Regards

Joe.

what have you made them from john??? i know when i used ally inners i found popping a small split in the ends inside the outer sleves provided  enough resistance to hold them, when it wears down being ally, you just spread them out a tad more ,usally just the split alone is enough without splaying they out to begin with

Cheers guys. They are brass/plastic or brass/brass. I thought they were ok, but have obviously polished up a bit even though 'normally' some paint spray gets in there. Don't really want to dismantle it to flare the tube ends.

Just wondering what the next project will be that appears from your workshop built by your skilled hands ::)  ::) ........... one thing for sure is that it'll be a fanastic build :)

Got to be the continuation of the Lethamshankorama hasn't it? :)

If I told you, I'd have to k......no, that's something else. ;D

:lol: :ha ha!: Morning John! Would a small amount of laquer help with a bit of resistance on the rams?

Another idea! It's tricky to get just right and after a days digging might be loose again!

Archived