Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

On 5/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, smithy said:

Good display there Paul,Gemma ,good to see shows taking place again

Cheers Smithy, was Gemma's idea to take the 2wd tractors on the left and the 4wds to the right, and she also picked out the Howard spreader and Weeks Tanker too, for her first time going to a model show and not knowing quite what it was going to be like as well, I think she done well 🙂yes it's good that the shows are getting going again 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

That's a neat looking model Paul.. Very nice.. 

Cheers Justin she's a nice model, after speaking with Brian and Will on Sunday they are pushing on with trying to get a harvest gold into the line up as well as trying to get a better more proportion front 4wd axle into the moulds before releasing a cabbed 472... I already put my name down on one of them 👍

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SPN said:

Would you not put a 10 speed on the harvester and put the synchro hauling trailers?

I drew silage with a 272 Synchro once and it was perfect for the job. Fast on the road and a great gearbox.

Had thought that route Stan, the synchro being easier to handle in the road over the 10 speed, had also thought with keeping the old 384 on chopping duty but seeing as she still has the old 3.8td engine in her, the new 272 having the later improved 4/98 in I was thinking a season on the chopper would get her warmed up nicely before the arrival of a fresh ordered 472.... undecided on if the 472 should be replacement for the harvester or away on to the buckrake.. that torque and grip be a weapon on a clamp but What really need though is a 2100 in 16th.... Reet on top of it's job on the chopper 👍

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Always a treat to see them out Paul.. 

Cheers Justin, be first time out for some of these since last November.... But I'm hoping fingers crossed to have a bit of harvest gold in time for weekend if all goes to plan 😉

• Like 2

First new addition to the collection since last November... In the shape of an RJN QM cabbed 704........ Hopefully it won't be long until the next Harvest gold is ready but until then here she is... Features new front axle with better shape to the 6 stud Leyland axle casing, inner front hub detail to suit and flat plate front wheel centre... Set up on 24/36 wheels..next one's in production will feature a back window in the cab... 

Seeing as she's here might put her to work on the chopper at Newby 😉

IMG_20230608_193316.jpg

IMG_20230608_191304.jpg

IMG_20230608_191248.jpg

IMG_20230608_191814~2.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

Bit of a axle swap job.... Late nights early morning in workshop......

4wd conversion on a 7000.... Bit of a bitsa, Selene style axle, centre mounted drive line, flat centre knave plate rims.... Power steering.... Heading to Carlisle this weekend 

IMG_20231109_182446.jpg

IMG_20231109_192016.jpg

IMG_20231110_043732.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SPN said:

The first 4wd I ever drove was a 7000 with a Selene front axle. Great to see one in model form.

Thanks Stan... Its not an accurate conversion by any means of the marque but like you say not something you see every day. Glad it brings a few memories for you 🙂

• Like 1

The 4wd 7000 made its way into David Steele's collection of blues and a couple of bale trailers left the valley to head to join mr Kirkups collection, but despite a couple of leavers , A slack armful of new additions followed us home from Sunday's Borderway model show, firstly a Wide tyred 272 Synchro, then an Harvest Gold Leyland 802, and finally a demo 704 Marshall, there is a forth tractor but Gemma has kept that one back to give me as my Christmas present...... The 802 now taking on roll of chopping tractor and main powerhouse 

IMG_20231113_201034.jpg

IMG_20231113_201115.jpg

IMG_20231113_200951.jpg

IMG_20231113_200831.jpg

IMG_20231113_200847.jpg

IMG_20231113_202005.jpg

IMG_20231113_202224.jpg

• Like 8