Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

49 minutes ago, 844john said:

Ahh, I see, you were quality control!:D

I'll go with that yeah. :D

16 minutes ago, dm434 said:

mind you it was dam good cake 

It certainly was David, worth going back next year for. John doesn't know what he missed out on. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Cheers Martin, aye Andy done a great job on the latches :) and as for the cake part well.... the proof of the pudding is in the eating, there's a few that joined the cake fan club over the years, although really Brian Stewart, Damian Hampson and  John Dewhurst must be the longest serving ;)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Had these delivered at the Lakeland show yesterday, a pair of Armour silage trailers built by Andy at classic, measured and built off a real Armour trailer owned by good friend to both me and Andy, Mr Ivan Bruce of Magherafelt, Northern Ireland,  both feature the working auto un-latching for the tailgate, cracking work again by Andy :)

IMG_5029.thumb.JPG.4dc9590b4b0331ac4e296a067eced8d6.JPGIMG_5030.thumb.JPG.52839965cdd38a0bccc49c707390a82f.JPGIMG_5031.thumb.JPG.96777ad62ac9c1c0baef264ee2dc96b7.JPGIMG_5032.thumb.JPG.bae7dbb9912f6fdddfc7f76e17b6c472.JPGIMG_5035.thumb.JPG.e41d3562df6b06c49cda1de02a59f94a.JPG

And as Ivan was over at the show he also brought a little surprise temparary addition to the collection that was made by his daughter for me,  (although it won't be about long) as an early start to next months milestone hahaha Many thanks Ivan and Athena :) very much appreciated :)

IMG_5028.thumb.JPG.e3655c53e99c7600ae576e818988ebcf.JPG

Two more lovely models you have there makes me feel jealous allow sitting here staring at the picture of the cake makes me more jealous

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, smithy said:

Two more lovely models you have there makes me feel jealous allow sitting here staring at the picture of the cake makes me more jealous

Cheers Smithy :) thought don't be jealous, there's something on going at present that's in it's final stages that i think you might like but i can't say any more for now.....;)

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2018 at 5:45 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Jack and Justin :) Hopefully another Nuffield and Leyland to come shortly,  but we'll see what happens when Brian gets back from Zwolle, it's my own builds i really need to get back to..... ;)

If you want some advice Paul, just let me know. :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

A few photo's of Thursdays addition to the Leyland and Nuffield collection, a pair of RJN Leyland 384's one in 4wd and the other standard plus a Nuffield 465 fitted with bigger tyres and front weights, still a couple more missing to finish the set to date that Brian has in his current portfolio of the brand although Brian was saying that into the new year he might have a couple more to add to my order list as he still working on a couple more Nuffield projects..... 

IMG_5080.thumb.JPG.3b2d68c49d6e6cb99d2bd1c6e0f74f5c.JPGIMG_5082.thumb.JPG.de74c10c99e59699b5202818eaa22f4e.JPGIMG_5083.thumb.JPG.7e7b1bdfaed9447fba9bd8ef7c4d731e.JPGIMG_5085.thumb.JPG.7b8be55fdce610328c1b06103f4065ae.JPGIMG_5086.thumb.JPG.35176e4829dc10071e8928b59b23e60c.JPGIMG_5087.thumb.JPG.9e992ddf30780dd9b55c6bbfb49038ab.JPGIMG_5088.thumb.JPG.efc778c8575d0bf22976017d581f8a3f.JPGIMG_5084.thumb.JPG.3cdfcd52e5a7be673563f4fba8600d13.JPG

Very nice Paul , really nice addictions to your collection . I have a picture of a 4/65 to put up on here bit later on its not in as good condition as yours I have to put a waterpump on it for my mate Eric   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Very nice Paul , really nice addictions to your collection . I have a picture of a 4/65 to put up on here bit later on its not in as good condition as yours I have to put a waterpump on it for my mate Eric   

Cheers Smithy, be a nice job, waterpump on a 4/65, good job for a wet windy day when you can work in the shed instead of outside.... look forward to seeing your photo's :)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Cracking models Paul. One day I might just be persuaded to deviate from my usual shade of blue with looking at these beauty's, although it'd have to be a smaller scale. 

Thanks Martin, think i've 4 needed to complete the set so far....it's a pity there isn't a few more 32nd versions about really, but it would be a good link to your past in the collection prior to you going Basildon Blue ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Very nice Paul, I especially like the 465, always thought they were a good looking tractor:)

Thanks John, Admittedly the Nuffy and Leyland brands weren't everyones cup of tea but it would be a boring dull world if we all followed the same brand of tractors, My mate Martin up in the Scottish borders has a cracker of a 4/65, it's sat on 16.9x34's off an 802 and got the back end gears out of a scrapped "H" in it, scary flat out though but a true flyer :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Very nice tractors & trailers there Paul . 

But what is it with the wood stack in the background , the. tractors  & trailers would pair up well , but would be at a loss as to where to be emptied ;)

Cheers Iain :) that's the on going project in the background..... christmas will be the time for creosote for the sleepers ;)

19 hours ago, stehos said:

Great additions to your collection Paul. I also have some RJN's on my wishlist, though some certain other blue coloured ones would be great to add to my line up ;)

Thanks Jack, whilst i was at Brian's he showed me a couple more of your favourite kind of blue, a full track E27n crawler, an early E1A Diesel Major based crawler, and the same Early diesel major fitted with roadless 4wd axle to complement both the 61 and 63 super major versions,  along with a Roadless 6/2 and a trike version :)

• Like 1