Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

yes we did mole plough ,hence the roadless and countys we bought,but nothing that big ,more a 100 pair copper local  cable  across the moors or somewhere. i can remember a county doing it on dartmoor not long after i started . interestingly  we have started doing it again recently , for rural broadband, sadly not ourselves, they use a contractor, not sure what he runs though as its more in somerset at present where we are doing the infill stuff, the hard to get to one or two houses bits, lays a duct with pre installed cable in one go. if the rumors are true,the people doing the devon and cornwall infills, are not going to hit the contract dates, and we have been asked to continue it,so i may get to see what hes using soon .apparently only one person bid for the work,seems its a rare skill now ?? 

Ahh thought that's where the likes of the BT roadless would be bound Sean.... There's a bloke over Ripon way that's into a bit of cable moleing, and locally theres a bloke with a big modern Fergy and a plough for putting in plastic water pipe for farmers, although the bloke who used to do a lot of that work had an old Major with a winch on and used to winch the mole towards the tractor rather than need a big 4wd, he did miles of waterpipe that way over the years before his retirement

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Brilliant displays and a brilliant collection Paul. I know I say it every time but the detail in Andys 16ths is fantastic. Look forward to seeing what you take to Penrith. 

Cheers Martin, yep i've a few bits packed ;) must remember the box off Mike and the bag off Smithy too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Seeing as there nowt much happening i thought id start and blow the dust of some of the models seeing as they not get out much for the foreseeable.... anyhows making the most of the dry spell and drier land to spread a bit of bedding muck :D loaded by the 384 and spread by the Deere and 150..... ;) 

IMG_7688.thumb.JPG.054723173efcb975cc4f62c7d09ddb47.JPGIMG_7690.thumb.JPG.69157582d5cd88e26aa368b19ace3faf.JPGIMG_7691.thumb.JPG.fc73ff40609e0ff9a3c31da7176f3d0b.JPGIMG_7695.thumb.JPG.ff4946fdbfa54edf4de604bc979aa2a9.JPGIMG_7696.thumb.JPG.84854ba8ca3105ef135fa8bf9df89d5c.JPG

• Like 7

15 hours ago, ertlerik said:

Love the JD 2020

Cheers Erik,:) underneath she's a Speccast but Andy swapped front axle and rear axle and added a linkage and cab

14 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice models Paul. The JD and spreader looks nice..

Thanks Justin, thought it was about time i got them out rather than them being in storage boxes after you got yours back out of storage ;)

11 hours ago, jmd said:

pits looking good paul and it will soon be that time of year again getting grass in

Cheers John :), hopefully get a bit more done to it now that i've a bit of time on my hands, aye it'll soon be here, near enough every bugger and their dog been on with muck and slurry....

2 minutes ago, 844john said:

Looking very well Paul, just noticed the loader on your Leyland, it's exactly the same as the Trima we have on our old 475 International.

Thanks John, must remember that then you can give it a better coat of looking at  Penrith, if hopefully things are getting back to some kind of normality by then,  come to think of it seeing what you do in 32nd.... a 16th one would be jaw-dropping..... ;)

• Like 2

Hope so Paul, Penrith seems a long way off but I'm not convinced that things will be completely back to normal even then, fingers crossed that I'm wrong. Anyway here's a picture of our loader to compare with yours:)

WP_20200330_15_44_23_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mb86 said:

Cracking photos Paul, swap that chopper for a 717 and it could almost be a scene from here if you turned the clock back 40 years. 

Cheers Martin.... funny you should say that... a 717 had been talked about as one is now handy for him to get at sometime;)..... ere i hope you been looking back at old photo's then or are you older than your letting on :D:D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 844john said:

Hope so Paul, Penrith seems a long way off but I'm not convinced that things will be completely back to normal even then, fingers crossed that I'm wrong. Anyway here's a picture of our loader to compare with yours:)

WP_20200330_15_44_23_Pro.jpg

I hope so too John... its going to be a long job which ever way things go.... Your not wrong though, that loader is almost identical to the one Andy did on my Leyland :) 

• Like 1