Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

20 hours ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Ongoing projects .................

.................. I think I have one or 2 of those as well :wacko:

Time slips by Iain... at this rate it won't be long until Gretna or Ingliston. That reminds me... transport box! ;) thing with the sleepers is that some don't want to be as darkly creosoted as others so it's a case do a batch and then offer them into a bay in the clamp to see how they look, the steelwork is finished for the clamp it's only small at 3 sleepers wide and 5 deep. will try and get it out and get photo of it so far with a few un creosoted sleepers dropped in

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Very good looking . A decent size as well , must scale up to around 40 ‘ long by around 25 ‘ wide . But fits in well with era of machines , it’s not those mega munchers you are filling it from .

Cheers Iain, thanks,  it's abit tedious with all the sleepers but i'll get there, give or take your about size wise and should handle all the double chop and a couple of trailers will throw at it, hopefully over christmas i'll get abit more done whilst digesting the turkey and the sprouts ;) once i got the sleepers looking right i'll sort the floor and then around the outside with a bit of scenery

27 minutes ago, dm434 said:

looks grand does that , even detail like the bolt hole marks on the sleepers 

Cheers David, aye they all been drilled and half been through the crimper to give a index to where the seat has been sat, should look grand when i get it finished ;) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Another little addition to the fleet, care of the fat fella in the red suit, from me to me via my mum :D another RJN Leyland, a 272 Synchro 4wd, really should be an export spec 472 but Brian awaiting the updated decals :D and in a way part of the collection too a really nice bit of artwork that my gave me as a gift, an image of my full sized 804... :)

IMG_5206.thumb.JPG.1c003d070f5fc597d610e5405d8ecd08.JPGIMG_5207.thumb.JPG.c2f1edf7abcbac0533f660c786964f45.JPGIMG_5208.thumb.JPG.08a096b534e6da54182bcbefe935f26b.JPGIMG_5209.thumb.JPG.c277ccf066b6da2e20aea3a95e6777df.JPGIMG_5210.thumb.JPG.44383add1d3a61511f44cfaaae0d2268.JPG

Did you leave the fat fella in a red suit a slice of cake beside your chimney , Two really nice presents Paul your a lucky man  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, smithy said:

Did you leave the fat fella in a red suit a slice of cake beside your chimney , Two really nice presents Paul your a lucky man  

Hahah no Smithy, i left him a trio of my mum's brandy soaked Mince pies... although they were untouched so i ate them myself... can't let good grub go spoiling :D Cheers aye was surprised when mum gave me the print. Hope the fat fella in the red suit was kind to yourself? ;)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Hahah no Smithy, i left him a trio of my mum's brandy soaked Mince pies... although they were untouched so i ate them myself... can't let good grub go spoiling :D Cheers aye was surprised when mum gave me the print. Hope the fat fella in the red suit was kind to yourself? ;)

Hu ate all the pies , that fat fella PAUL :Dhaha  sorry paul just had to say that no cant waste good food he was probably thinking of the drink and drive laws , yes he left me some good things will post up a bit later on ;)  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, smithy said:

Hu ate all the pies , that fat fella PAUL :Dhaha  sorry paul just had to say that no cant waste good food he was probably thinking of the drink and drive laws , yes he left me some good things will post up a bit later on ;)  

Don't worry about the pies Smithy i've broad shoulders and been called alot worse :D... it's the amount of sprouts i shovelled in that should be worrying... i'm doing my bit today for methane production :D:D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Don't worry about the pies Smithy i've broad shoulders and been called alot worse :D... it's the amount of sprouts i shovelled in that should be worrying... i'm doing my bit today for methane production :D:D

Funny you should mention that Paul, it did get up windy here this afternoon, must have worked its way up from the Valley.......and I just thought somebody must have been emptying their slurry store:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, 844john said:

Funny you should mention that Paul, it did get up windy here this afternoon, must have worked its way up from the Valley.......and I just thought somebody must have been emptying their slurry store:D

I doubt all that smell was from me John....but i could have been a contributing factor :D 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Christmas has been & gone , but still the sleepers sit ;)

The pile is lessening, theres about 50 sleepers so far had 3 coats to darken them Iain ;) once they dipped it been having enough drying space. in hindsight, a few wire racks would have been handy and then set them up to do them in larger batches than just a bay at a time.... 

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, mb86 said:

Cracking unique addition to your collection Paul and a cracking display. 

Cheers Martin i know it's not your kind of Blue but it's got good links to you and your dad's farming past :), Brian did a pair of the 384-4' Synchro's Martin got one himself and said it was ok for me to have the other one as i'd known Ian for a number of years and seen the real tractor in various stages of build when they built it, He's thinking this year to get his 482 restored, to go with the 472 he got sat in the shed

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dusty Dan said:

That’s a pretty tractor and great photography! 

Thanks Corky :) as you can see i've a bit of a tendancy to like a Nuffield and Leyland ;)

11 hours ago, Mike R said:

What a lovely collection you have

Cheers Mike :) hows your own 16th scale collection? are you still adding to it??

• Like 2