Universal hobbies 1/32 releases 2015

IH885XLMAN

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for such a physically huge trailer the payload is dissapointingly small, at work we have a Joskin transpace tandem axle trailer running on 4x 710 tyres, the trailer only holds 14 ton of barley and its because the actual storage space doesnt begin to way above the tyres which is about my neck height, when you think of a normal trailer there would be at least another 3ft of storage space. They are now looking to trade the Joskin in for a normal KANE or HERRON grain trailer. it is also the most awkward trailer ive ever used, a big bulky brute of a trailer is what it is, it is normally pulled with either a 6210r or a 7280r and recently blew one of the 710 tyres off when carrying a load of soil, it took £680 to replace the tyre and rim. Getting it through tight gates is another problem as theres quite a bit of tail swing, all in all its a dissapointing trailer, it looks like it would hold a massive load but as i mentioned it only holds 14 ton of grain and the KANE 14 ton grain trailer parked beside it is a much more compact and practical trailer which id opt for time after time. I think these big trailers might be of more use on the continent, a 4000 gallon Joskin slurry tanker was bought at the same time as the trailer and also runs on 4x 710 tyres but it is a excellent machine and draws slurry on a 3hour round trip to a slurry store on the 7280r, its a lovely tanker to pull and use but the trailer was just a bad buy and any of the users where i work  would tell you the same. I will try and get a few pics of the tanker and trailer..

I'd imagine the big tyres/small payload approach is purely down to designing in a solution to soil compaction. The roads, laneways and gateways in Holland are also set up completely different to ours, so more bulk wouldn't be a problem there.

I look forward to seeing the photos of the Joskin trailer in action.

ps: If the John Qs are having difficulty with it, why don't you upgrade to a New Holland T5.115 or T6.120. Should fix the problem. :D

i had nothing to do with the ordering of it, the previous farm manager was responsible for that one. i think it was bought primarily to move manure on the 3 hour round trip to the other farm, quite a bit of manure builds up over the winter and was moved with the joskin and then spread in spring with a D10 spreader. It is also used for taking grain from the combine simply because it was there and is easily cleaned out for this purpose. First time i saw the trailer id have swore itd hold 20 ton and got a shock when i learned 14ton and it was loaded. The JD,s have no problem pulling it. Tractors on the farm are JD 7280R, JD 6210R, JD 7530, NH TM190 and NH TL 100..  The 7280 has had various bouts of problems, the 6210 is too short resulting in a bad lock and terrible bounciness on the road, my choice of tractor in the yard is the 7530 any day, even though her tyres are down to 35% she would still shame the 6210. Although most of my time is spent in the TL100 with post knocker and wire pulling machine or the TM190 with kane 16ton halfpipe dump trailer which is a very heavy trailer even when empty but still twice the trailer of the joskin.

intresting, the ram on that trailer has the lok of a cut down car aerial to it?? very shiney silver compaired to the normal dull plastic ones used before

The penny just dropped Sean,the ram is probably different due to the fact that new Juskin is being made by Universal Hobbies instead of the usual ROS, :of

Regards

Joe.

As said by other people already the Joskin trailer is what we would refer to as a 'dumper'. It's purpose is to transport soil, concrete, rubble etc.. heavy materials rather than grain crops or silage. However, contractors that do both can get alloy extensions for it: http://www.chemirol.com.pl/files/image/RAFAL/JOSKIN%20Hardox/transkpt27_2.jpg The trailer is the same as the 2 axle one UH did years back only a big longer! That was a seller and this will be as well no doubt.

Joskin is a Belgian manufacturer actually from Soumange in the Ardennes (French speaking part). Not Dutch.

• 1 month later...

I think UH is in trouble with the way how things have gone down at the production end in China? Also sales are certainly declining so they can't keep up their pace with the amount of releases we have seen in the past. The model world is changing and UH, which always has been the cowboy of the bunch, is taking the biggest punishment?

I have found a massive increase in people wanting one offs especially of machines they either used or owned, mostly classic kit from yesteryear, Uh definetly released a huge amount if models in the last 3 years, I guess they couldn't all have been successful for them, there was too many models coming out to keep up with, but I suppose it's good at least that we got them

We don't need to much out from universal hobbies at the moment, there is plenty of new releases from all the other manufacturers to keep us all happy I am sure. Until they actually come out and say they are winding up the model production in china we should just all assume that things are just a bit slow at the moment. Let's not forget, people's disposable income has dropped all over Europe, so if I owned a company producing a hobby item, which is really a luxury purchase don't forget, I would be taking things a little slower as well.

Oh, not a gold one please ???:of>:(

I know...Marge done a Gold one also.. I think its worth having in the collection  IF it existed in reality in that specific colour.. If not.. then its just has no significance at all.. Just the model company trying to make another quick buck and getting the most outa their moulds & tooling..There was only ever 2 SQ cab 1884s produced  anyway & they both were blue. Britains made them in yellow & white just to distinguish them from the TWs from a sales perspective. They tought if they were produced in blue ..then the TWs would be overlooked by potential buyers at the time. 

Archived