Martin's collection.

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Tidy job on your weight box Martin, and liking your idea with the bales :) that might work in principle at double the size for the Claas ;)

Thanks. Yes it would, I'll put a link to it up later, it is available in a few colours including a couple if shades of green but neither were right for hay. 

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

MMMM Cheers for the link Martin, will investigate this abit further I think, i'll ask Andy the dimensions he has in the chamber and get a yard and try one, nothing ventured, nothing gained, the odd straw bale be handy :)  Haylage bales would be the way as back then the bales would have been bagged in the farmyard rather than wrapped in the field...

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

MMMM Cheers for the link Martin, will investigate this abit further I think, i'll ask Andy the dimensions he has in the chamber and get a yard and try one, nothing ventured, nothing gained, the odd straw bale be handy :)  Haylage bales would be the way as back then the bales would have been bagged in the farmyard rather than wrapped in the field...

It isn't expensive if it doesn't work out for you. Yes I've never had the pleasure of using bags but I've heard all sorts of wonderful stories about them. 

53 minutes ago, mb86 said:

It isn't expensive if it doesn't work out for you. Yes I've never had the pleasure of using bags but I've heard all sorts of wonderful stories about them. 

I'll get a piece and go from there Martin cheers, Though can't really recall anyone round us bagging bales back in the day, but sure someone on here will have had first hand experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

I'll get a piece and go from there Martin cheers, Though can't really recall anyone round us bagging bales back in the day, but sure someone on here will have had first hand experience.

awful job bagging bales paul , more so if the farmer was tight and reused them year after year as they bloody stank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dm434 said:

awful job bagging bales paul , more so if the farmer was tight and reused them year after year as they bloody stank

Dad said he used to re use them, he put the used ones on first then a new one over the top of that. 

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:17 PM, mb86 said:

I used to help a neighbour bag up round silage bales but could not always get a air tight seal which you would not now till you opened it if I remember right he always had a bigger muck heap then anyone else round here    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Thank you smithy. How are you keeping since your accident?

Swelling gone down now but neck and shoulders still ache a bit especially if I am out in the cold for to long but as my mother has been in hospital last few weeks I have been sitting up there a lot in the warm the last few days ,been to work with some off my mates for a couple of hrs yesterday and this morning but they would not let me do to much except for making the tea ,Thanks for asking   

11 hours ago, smithy said:

Swelling gone down now but neck and shoulders still ache a bit especially if I am out in the cold for to long but as my mother has been in hospital last few weeks I have been sitting up there a lot in the warm the last few days ,been to work with some off my mates for a couple of hrs yesterday and this morning but they would not let me do to much except for making the tea ,Thanks for asking   

Good to hear you are improving, I'm sure it will take a while to get back to normal. Plenty of milk and no sugar I'm mine.;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

The sisal mat looks very effective, much faster and less mind numbing than cutting individual strands of rope. Nice find.

Thank James. I bought some more of it but it is a lot brighter shade and not as good of a match, will see how they look when I roll them up. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I've been trying to fit this loader, the tractor is a marge 7610 with Imber 40 series rears and UH 10 series fronts. Haven't fixed loader on yet and think it still needs the position adjusting so it is nearer the cab. What would others suggest re decalling the loader as. I thought a trima of some denomination. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

VEImage result for quicke loader ON ford

A Quicke loader Martin . Best bet . Its what I would chose .

I haven't taken the best of pictures  for you Justin but the loader is the one off the uh valtra c? It has the self levelling.