The Valley Axeman's Major Marshall Mission

Valley Axe Man

Nothing major to report of late.......although it's not often that i'd think twice about eating a cake..... but thought these were a nice touch, and really too nice to be eaten but i couldn't resist ;) fully edible and filled with jam and cream, only downside is they were a bit moreish........ made for me for my recent 42nd birthday by my better half Gemma, and featuring the other major love of my life so only thought it right that i posted them up in here :) 

131384141_706755870270248_7272418082309915893_o.jpg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nothing major to report of late.......although it's not often that i'd think twice about eating a cake..... but thought these were a nice touch, and really too nice to be eaten but i couldn't resist ;) fully edible and filled with jam and cream, only downside is they were a bit moreish........ made for me for my recent 42nd birthday by my better half Gemma, and featuring the other major love of my life so only thought it right that i posted them up in here :) 

131384141_706755870270248_7272418082309915893_o.jpg

Thats a lovely pair ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of hours this morning for the landlord sorting the lights out on his bale trailer after somehow ripping the 7 core out from down the trailer, much better job than crawling about under milk tankers.......but re-wired and tested, and better still an excuse to get the 804 out :D 

IMG_8296.JPG

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

She's looking good mate still looks very clean ;)

Hows the 345 coming on you managed to find another engine for it yet?

Cheers Zac, sshe not been out much of late but still starts first turn, good old 4/98, if it turns it start;)  not had much luck finding a good 2.8 for the 345, the ones I looked at are all been cracked, Richard Pocock has a good block but it's big coin that I'm reluctant to throw at her, though over Christmas I bought a bellhousing and tombstone off a 245 with the train of thoughts that I'll put a Perkins in her out of a 245. Much easier to find and not a bad little unit really... And as s bonus it uses all Leyland bits so even though she won't be standard, she be a useful and usable tractor without the fear of a cracked block syndrome of the BMC engines

• Like 2

Like the rest of the comments Paul you do keep her tidy ,cant believe how clean the wheel rims are the white really stand out :). my neighbours bought a Marshall bale trailer last year ,they reckon its a lovely trailer rides well loaded or unloaded     

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, smithy said:

Like the rest of the comments Paul you do keep her tidy ,cant believe how clean the wheel rims are the white really stand out :). my neighbours bought a Marshall bale trailer last year ,they reckon its a lovely trailer rides well loaded or unloaded     

Cheers Smithy :) trailer seems to be good it rides and follows well, had a single run with 8 big squares of silage on it at what was landlords 2nd cut but had brakes plugged into a spool as the 804 hasn't got trailer braking valve, can get a kit but can hold tractor back abit with more pressure available at the spool, would like a decent load on her this summer hopefully

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Zac, sshe not been out much of late but still starts first turn, good old 4/98, if it turns it start;)  not had much luck finding a good 2.8 for the 345, the ones I looked at are all been cracked, Richard Pocock has a good block but it's big coin that I'm reluctant to throw at her, though over Christmas I bought a bellhousing and tombstone off a 245 with the train of thoughts that I'll put a Perkins in her out of a 245. Much easier to find and not a bad little unit really... And as s bonus it uses all Leyland bits so even though she won't be standard, she be a useful and usable tractor without the fear of a cracked block syndrome of the BMC engines

Ah fair enough be a good little tractor then! Who cares about original if it makes it better and doesn't alter it too much

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As some of you on here already know, my better half took a shine to my 804, but anyhow Gemma asked if she could take her out for a run the other afternoon so when I heard the 498 whistling at the top of the road I got a clip of her on route back to the yard 🙂🙂

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Sad day yesterday to attend the funeral of a local little lad who was mad about tractors, at 4 years old he was always happiest up at his grandparents farm so to give him a guard of honour on his final journey a few of us got together and followed him to his final resting place, a sad day but as his neighbour Micheal said that George would have been smiling with the tractors present, in total 17 turned up, a pair of Deere's, s handful of Nh's a pair of Fergy's a lone Case, a pair of Fendts, Mark Strange's Dexta, Ben Blackburn's mint 78, Little Dave's 76, Michael's Silver Jubilee and the 804, I only managed to grab a couple of photos before the bulk turned up but it was a good show of community spirit for a little lad taken way too early. RIP George sleep well little fella 

FB_IMG_1617774184954.jpg

IMG_20210406_125433.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, 844john said:

Very sad occasion Paul I'm sure, but a nice gesture by yourselves. Doesn't seem right to leave a like for the tractors on this occasion though.

I know what you mean John, but yes must have been heart breaking for George's mum and dad, but I'm sure seeing the support of the community will have given them a little glimmer of sunshine on a grey day 

16 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Very sad when a lad that young passes on. At least he got a nice send off in these strange times Paul..

Thanks Justin,  yes we did our best to send him smiling 

11 hours ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

So sad, but what a fine send off to give him.

Cheers David, Aye bit of community spirit to show our support 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smithy said:

Very sad day but you tractor boys clubbed together and gave him a splendid send off ,thats why i have clicked the like button . 

Cheers Smithy, Michael did a grand job of making it happen on the day. The rest of us just turned up and did our bit

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...