A decade and more on FTF!

2 hours ago, simong said:

April 1st 2007 I joined. Collection has slow down a lot in the last few years. Trying to save up for another real one, so not on here as much. Could soon be a 50% owner of an 1991 John Deere 4055.

April 1st 2005 for me.

So much has changed since then.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14th Jan 2012 for me....

after that short space of time I'm almost still a "newbie" hahaha..... and have to agree with some of the comments already posted, I've met some great like minded folk, and a couple of whom have become great friends :),  It might not be as busy on here as it used to be when I first signed up but at least it's still going, there been changes and there's been the odd debate of "like buttons" etc but the fact it's still going must be like the old saying  "you can take the lad out of  the tractor.... but you cant take the tractor out of the lad" :) 

10 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Letham Shank Farm Sean,Maureen his wife is quite often on Facebook,

Regards

Joe.

Beat me to it, Joe. I was looking through his galleries last night just to see his models again. ... that TX34.... :of Nice to see that again.

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

14th Jan 2012 for me....

after that short space of time I'm almost still a "newbie" hahaha..... and have to agree with some of the comments already posted, I've met some great like minded folk, and a couple of whom have become great friends :),  It might not be as busy on here as it used to be when I first signed up but at least it's still going, there been changes and there's been the odd debate of "like buttons" etc but the fact it's still going must be like the old saying  "you can take the lad out of  the tractor.... but you cant take the tractor out of the lad" :) 

You're not wrong, there!

16 hours ago, Deere-est said:

Enjoying the comments, here. It really is amazing how and where it's all gone when you look back and yes, FTF is still a great website. Chris mentioned a few names and it was JDC that really jumped out for me, having met him a few times over the years I can say ye really is, a lovely, lovely man. Many others are worth mentioning but I fear leaving anyone out so I'll not say owt!

John was at the Penrith show and I had a good chat with him, he is still doing well and farming with no plans to give up or slow down yet

15 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

not sure if hes even made the scottish shows of late tris ,not seen any pics of his work at them, can't remember his website to see if hes updated it of late either

as for tim (CCF) hes found pick up trucks boats and girls going by his facebook page , been friends with him for a long time , hes doing ok 

Caught up with John at Penrith this year. Seemed to be in very good spirits. :)

17 hours ago, Mike R ( Kentman) said:

Yes a very expensive hobby isn't it Smithy.

Well most brands have doubled their prices on models since I joined 7 years ago . I bought 12 tractor models so far this year ( most budget Britains) .. Normally I could have 25+ models per year .  Just shows how pricey tractor models have got !!

17 hours ago, smithy said:

you can say that again ,but at the end of the day you have got something or you could spend it all on ,wine-women and song well I think that is what Chris might have done in his early years

Not the wine mate, I'm a beer man. Spot on with the other two though.

On 01/12/2016 at 9:59 AM, Deere-est said:

Hi Paul. I used to really like Leverets Farm.... :P

I think I first signed up c2005! It used to help the night shifts go by when Ricky was on the Red Bull at 2 am and I was working for Wessex Water!

Did you have it at spalding many moons ago

2 hours ago, Deere-est said:

I did yes, they didn't really do layouts but I took it up one year ^-^

It was the one and only time I made it... will Leverets ever re surface 

4 hours ago, batcher said:

may 13 2006 for me startin to feel old now just carn't belive its been so long heres to the next 10

Well how the devil are you?! I still stop in that BP garage now and then,ya know?! Not as often as I don't do any driving for Howards any more but its still a nice quiet spot to park up once in a while.

23 hours ago, Pete said:

It was the one and only time I made it... will Leverets ever re surface 

I another for maybe, I'd like to do something again but unsure what. Probably just build a few buildings and see where it takes me.

44 minutes ago, Deere-est said:

I another for maybe, I'd like to do something again but unsure what. Probably just build a few buildings and see where it takes me.

It's a good pastime, one that can be as big or small detailed or easy as you want

Archived