A decade and more on FTF!

I've been trying to send messages today but have been unable to, due to my inbox having over 2000 messages in it :of:of:of

Upon deleting a few to make room, I've noticed some are ten years old. The forum hasn't half seen some changes in that time. Servers, members, expertise, appeal.... still going strong, not as active admittedly. Before Facebook this was a daily website for many members where topics were updated by the minute, not always on topic I have to admit but there was a lot of banter and humour on here. That may have slipped in the last two to three years but it's great to see the hobby itself is still as strong given the show reports that are seen on Facebook and on here. The conversion guys have never been so spoilt with models to cut and shunt and the scratch building skills are an engineering industry in it themselves!! 

So how long have you been on here then? Come here often?! :-*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul. I used to really like Leverets Farm.... :P

I think I first signed up c2005! It used to help the night shifts go by when Ricky was on the Red Bull at 2 am and I was working for Wessex Water!

Signed up in 2006, lurked, stalked the joint for a few years before putting together my first post in January 2009 :D

In more recent years, i've certainly gone through stop start phases of both collecting and posting compared to my first 3 years of active contributions on here. Plenty has changed in my own personal circumstances, and a lot of more of my energy has gone into other hobbies such as my "Tractor Twitcher" page on the book of face, which has snowballed in the last two years. Given the fact there are so many more social media platforms out there now, it's great to see the forum still going strong. :)

January 2007 for me.

I had just got back into the tractor bug after attending the World Record at Hullavington for the most working tractors in one field and I bought a Same Iron 200 from G & M who had a tent there.

March 2010 is when I joined & I would log in here twice a day easy if not more . It's a great forum and I have made good friends here and long may it last , I hope in the near future to venture over across the Irish Sea to a UK show and meet up with a few of the UK members . ;)

5 years for me. I joined after I bought my first model, a u/h Massey 1200 and chisel plough. This forum has blo.dy cost me at least £25,000 since then.:of:rolleyes:.

past members that don't visit anymore that I sort of miss are Clive ( ploughmaster) marcus( anfield vario) muirhilly billy, definitely John (Jdc) Niels over in Holland, even bazzaaaa doesn't get as much time on here now as he is busy with work and family. Marky Ferguson made a comeback ( I have had bunk-ups that lasted longer).malcy p seems to have gone of the radar. Loads more, too many to list have come and gone.

but I have made a few pals and hope to meet a few more in the coming months. Softie is back and Charlie Austin will make an appearance in due course I am sure. 

People will always come and go I suppose, they get bored, or go skink, some fall in love:of, and some sell up cheap and buy all the models back again. It takes all sorts I suppose. But I like the forum, and hope it continues.

12 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

5 years for me. I joined after I bought my first model, a u/h Massey 1200 and chisel plough. This forum has blo.dy cost me at least £25,000 since then.:of:rolleyes:.

past members that don't visit anymore that I sort of miss are Clive ( ploughmaster) marcus( anfield vario) muirhilly billy, definitely John (Jdc) Niels over in Holland, even bazzaaaa doesn't get as much time on here now as he is busy with work and family. Marky Ferguson made a comeback ( I have had bunk-ups that lasted longer).malcy p seems to have gone of the radar. Loads more, too many to list have come and gone.

but I have made a few pals and hope to meet a few more in the coming months. Softie is back and Charlie Austin will make an appearance in due course I am sure. 

People will always come and go I suppose, they get bored, or go skink, some fall in love:of, and some sell up cheap and buy all the models back again. It takes all sorts I suppose. But I like the forum, and hope it continues.

Be interested in the bunk-ups that have lasted longer did you keep you socks on? or was you thinking about Gorgi  -Cars at the time as they are not very exciting well not to me anyway haha 

2007 for me, quite scary how time flies.....

We have witnessed the rise of manufacturers into becoming the mainstream.. (or I have anyway.. hadn’t heard of quite a few before joining here.)

Probably spent more money after seeing a few things on here that I thought were ugly only to fall in love after various close up photos have been posted..

39 minutes ago, smithy said:

Be interested in the bunk-ups that have lasted longer did you keep you socks on? or was you thinking about Gorgi  -Cars at the time as they are not very exciting well not to me anyway haha 

Yes a very expensive hobby isn't it Smithy.

Enjoying the comments, here. It really is amazing how and where it's all gone when you look back and yes, FTF is still a great website. Chris mentioned a few names and it was JDC that really jumped out for me, having met him a few times over the years I can say ye really is, a lovely, lovely man. Many others are worth mentioning but I fear leaving anyone out so I'll not say owt!

It doesn't seem like it but it was March 2006 when I joined.  Collection has grown and shrunk over the years as circumstances have altered back and forth.  Its a shame the postings have slowed from the amount their used to be, and I miss some of the stalwart members - good to see some of them coming back though also.  

One member who always stuck in my head was Tim (CCF) with his continuing story of the Evil Bazza and Marky....that was a great laugh

1 hour ago, Deere-est said:

Enjoying the comments, here. It really is amazing how and where it's all gone when you look back and yes, FTF is still a great website. Chris mentioned a few names and it was JDC that really jumped out for me, having met him a few times over the years I can say ye really is, a lovely, lovely man. Many others are worth mentioning but I fear leaving anyone out so I'll not say owt!

not sure if hes even made the scottish shows of late tris ,not seen any pics of his work at them, can't remember his website to see if hes updated it of late either

as for tim (CCF) hes found pick up trucks boats and girls going by his facebook page , been friends with him for a long time , hes doing ok 

15 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

not sure if hes even made the scottish shows of late tris ,not seen any pics of his work at them, can't remember his website to see if hes updated it of late either

as for tim (CCF) hes found pick up trucks boats and girls going by his facebook page , been friends with him for a long time , hes doing ok 

Letham Shank Farm Sean,Maureen his wife is quite often on Facebook,

Regards

Joe.

April 1st 2007 I joined. Collection has slow down a lot in the last few years. Trying to save up for another real one, so not on here as much. Could soon be a 50% owner of an 1991 John Deere 4055.

1 hour ago, simong said:

April 1st 2007 I joined. Collection has slow down a lot in the last few years. Trying to save up for another real one, so not on here as much. Could soon be a 50% owner of an 1991 John Deere 4055.

that sounds good will keep a eye out for you trundling up the B1078 road   

3 hours ago, Mike R ( Kentman) said:

Yes a very expensive hobby isn't it Smithy.

you can say that again ,but at the end of the day you have got something or you could spend it all on ,wine-women and song well I think that is what Chris might have done in his early years

Archived