chris.watson

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MadMark said:

Just got my Dominator 98s lovely model overall just a couple of niggles rear wheels very stiff to move same with rams that lift/lower the feed intake/header (sorted by gently tapping it hammer till it moved freely)  header trailer can only be pulled by combine. There was a bit of tape on the door which I removed to find out the door opens so should be easy to fit a driver in it.

Cracking model arnt they Mark, I didn't know the door opened, cheers for that mate.

2 minutes ago, MadMark said:

It is Chris, glad I got rid of the Axial flow and got this instead as they was more common round my way to the International.  You'll be able to feel the bit of tape just remove it from the door

Just done it mate, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I realy hope this brilliant model manufacturer decides to make some doncaster  internationals from the 60s 70s and 80s 

Nobody will toutch them apart from ertl in the 80s with the 784  also spec cast did a open platform plese do a classic doncaster IH 

• 2 months later...

Introduced for the 1991 harvest as I recall, although a few pre production machines were on some UK farms during 1990...................the original 98s was introduced in 1986, again with a few earlybird machines around in 1985.         In my neck of the woods most farmers bought hydrostatic drive Claas combines which were designated SL ,  The "S" was the mechanical "cheaper" version.   Trust Replicagri to release the least popular versions everytime.................makes no sense to me commercially, unless the European market preferred the "S" I guess.

8 hours ago, MadMark said:

Also white panels on header and white unloading spout, so later version of the dominator.

And also some other details, such as different mirrors and different lights!

Naamloos.png.d4ec9ffcbbb588135848077ca0ccb9e5.png

Yes that's true Atte, the twin pair of cab lights.   At least Replicagri got that right, USK had two sets of triples on there 108sl models which were only on the original 1990 prototype harvesters.  All 1991uk Doms had the same cab light set up as the Rep model.

9 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Introduced for the 1991 harvest as I recall, although a few pre production machines were on some UK farms during 1990...................the original 98s was introduced in 1986, again with a few earlybird machines around in 1985.         In my neck of the woods most farmers bought hydrostatic drive Claas combines which were designated SL ,  The "S" was the mechanical "cheaper" version.   Trust Replicagri to release the least popular versions everytime.................makes no sense to me commercially, unless the European market preferred the "S" I guess.

Must be more cheapskate farmers this way then Phil, most of the 98's I've seen have been the 'S'.  Only seen the one SL.

21 minutes ago, MadMark said:

There again what's wrong with having a model that's based on a basic real one? Why is it we have to have the upper end of the range all the time?

Totally agree...manufacturers always want their flagship products released as models but in reality how many of them do you see?

may have to invest in one of them, have just seen a dommy 98 with the white spout  and header etc working on the other side of the valley from us today, had to get the binos out to see what it was model wise, no classic on the spout mind, cutting a field of rape 

49 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Just need the VX version now

9a110af8.thumb.jpg.ce52b74d99e56abdc9a708c31b9f68c8.jpg

Agreed Mark, they could then do the mega out of the same tooling. Mega had two cab types, earlier ones had the white cab and then the vista cab. Do need a comander 116 though. 

Archived