Replicagri 2017

chris.watson

22 minutes ago, JEP said:

It's a pretty accurate representation of the 98 - but as I said above - the 98 & 88 are different machines - so it isn't accurate as far as the 88 is concerned.

Oh good, because it's a 98 I'd prefer in my collection.

May I have a 98SL please Mr Replicagri? (and a New Holland 8080 and a New Holland TX)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, SPN said:

Oh good, because it's a 98 I'd prefer in my collection.

May I have a 98SL please Mr Replicagri? (and a New Holland 8080 and a New Holland TX)

Totally agree with the new hollands, especially a quality 8080 ☺ it's a pity the likes of Agco and cnh aren't as model promotionaly inclined as claas -were the historical combines ranges are concerned - as when you look at the claas models, there isn't that many that haven't been covered in one form or another, from the claas columbus through to the lexion 780. How nice would it be for a NH 1550, 8080 and tx 36, then a bit of red thrown in with a 625 and 760.....can but hope. 

The Commander 228cs was Claas flagship combine until the Lexion 480 arrived in the mid 90s.   It was introduced in the UK in 1991 with 330hp and a choice of 20, 22 and 25ft headers.

Looks like a replica 25ft on the model.     The 228 was a fair step up performance wise  from the previous 116cs, although not much difference in appearance.  More cab lights, bigger tank, wider header,   white panels on header.

I haven't bought a combine model since Britains CR980 in 2005,  but I will have the wheeled 228 for sure:)

Ive got lots of pics of 228s somewhere..............I will have to get up in the loft this weekend!!

I like the rising grain tank,  glad USK haven't skimped on that........................WHEN IS IT OUT ATTE !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care who makes it, what topic it's in, we can sort that later.....I am just glad it is coming. Great machine, our neighbours has a 216cs and it sounded a real beast as the sun went down during harvest. Mega series to follow would be great.

11 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

I don't care who makes it, what topic it's in, we can sort that later.....I am just glad it is coming. Great machine, our neighbours has a 216cs and it sounded a real beast as the sun went down during harvest. Mega series to follow would be great.

We must have talked this one up last month Chris!

11 minutes ago, walterderwent said:

One of these would go well with the rest from Replicagri. :)

P1110400 - Copy.JPG

Wouldn't say no David, would just need a Lexion 460 to complete the set of four combines that we had on the farm I worked on in the early 2000's. Dominator 98, 108 and 204 on one farm and my Lexion 460 on the other. 

Question for the above post of Madmark is : who is going to put the money upfront in beside the Model manufacturer. John Deere does, Claas does, Agco does multiple times, even Kubota does. Only CNH seems to have limited budgets and have no real ancestors/heritage promotion policy in relation to the current and future brand promotion. They aren't proud of where they come from. Possibly only proud of where they are or where they might go to.

Why would it be any different to any of the model fords fiats and case that we have seen from various manufacturers? Surely either the model company would approach CNH or visa versa. Same could be done for an older combine. 

18 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Well they make a Case Ih Axial Flow so why can't they make a New Holland?

Spot on Mark & how about all the IH tractors also .  Not steering away from the combine topic ... a few NH combines would be great . I'm not a collector of combines as such , but I would certainly buy an old New Holland Clayson or Sperry .  They were the most popular around my area & are still in use !!  But there is one thing that  I always tought Replicagri would do & never did with a certain tractor. Replicagri gave us the NH 8360 / 8560 & M160 a few years back ... I always tought they would follow on afterwards with a range of TM Series tractors ! But never did .  NH TMs are future classics in the making . I can see the  TM155 being the Ford 7810 of the future !!  New Holland TMs would sell bigtime & Replicagri could do them so easy !!!

i would guess licensing  rights may also have a part to play,,may be cnh now,but its been ford,new holland,fiat ,maybe someone still holds  the company rights / names and designs even though its been swallowed up as a company . we have all seen ideas get stopped by that part in the past 

45 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Why would it be any different to any of the model fords fiats and case that we have seen from various manufacturers? Surely either the model company would approach CNH or visa versa. Same could be done for an older combine. 

Ford miniature models are a  license of Ford Motor Company. None of them got the support or have been marketed by New Holland (All at UH / Marge Models manufacturers risk). For the rest it's a questions of mutual interest of the Model Manufacturer and the OEM. For Claeys / Claeyson / (Sperry) New Holland there seems to be no budget/interest for heritage/ancestor combines and/or harvesters from the OEM or they would have been there already. Fiat and Farmall / International Case have been taken as the Ancestor line's of CNH.

You see the same with Renault. Replicagri took a license from Claas on all models !! But no marketing support of this ancestor line by Claas itself !!

37 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Well they make a Case Ih Axial Flow so why can't they make a New Holland?

It's not a matter of can't make. But a matter of who will grant the license and who will take the risk.The Axial Flow has been made by Replicagri on own budget after getting a license from Case-IH. Only limited quantities went to Case. Outside Britains it's short interest in David Brown (already semi-retired) the same seem to happen to the announced but not even produced David Brown/Case-IH 1x9y series of UH.

1 hour ago, Toyfarmer1 said:

Ford miniature models are a  license of Ford Motor Company. None of them got the support or have been marketed by New Holland (All at UH / Marge Models manufacturers risk). For the rest it's a questions of mutual interest of the Model Manufacturer and the OEM. For Claeys / Claeyson / (Sperry) New Holland there seems to be no budget/interest for heritage/ancestor combines and/or harvesters from the OEM or they would have been there already. Fiat and Farmall / International Case have been taken as the Ancestor line's of CNH.

You see the same with Renault. Replicagri took a license from Claas on all models !! But no marketing support of this ancestor line by Claas itself !!

It's not a matter of can't make. But a matter of who will grant the license and who will take the risk.The Axial Flow has been made by Replicagri on own budget after getting a license from Case-IH. Only limited quantities went to Case. Outside Britains it's short interest in David Brown (already semi-retired) the same seem to happen to the announced but not even produced David Brown/Case-IH 1x9y series of UH.

Now you mention it, it does say licensed by ford on the boxes, so unless NH have specifically said no one can produce a replica of their products, it is down to funding, market and balls. By the comments both on here and elsewhere, I'm certain the market is there.

13 hours ago, Toyfarmer1 said:

Its a legal issue when it comes down to it. Trademark brands (like Ford, Renault and International for example) still retain individual likeness and therefore licensing rights, its usually a legal stipulation when companies merge to form new ones that the new 'company' create its own brand identity and cease using colour schemes and logos (if trademarked) associated with the former company. Ford got out of agriculture as did Renault so licensing is probably very easy for such models. International is very different however, I think I read somewhere International trucks in the USA still has brand ownership of name but not the IH logo, so payments and licensing are much more complex for pre 1985 equipment. I would therefore guess that Claeys/Sperry are still covered by separate patents and trademarks that are not wholly owned by the new or former CNH company. Fiat Agri became a wholly owned subsidiary of CNH which would make historic licensing easy for Fiat, Laverda, Hesston etc.

Companies like David Brown still have their brands in other aspects of engineering, so the licensing rights are with some investment company which bought up Textron I think, venture capital companies are usually happy to squeeze money wherever possible, not necessarily at the benefit of the consumer or brand loyalist! 

I have a fair bit of experience trying to get old engineering parts produced for marine engines/machinery that are out of production, even when you have the legitimately acquired patterns and castings, you still have to license the production even if its not been made for 30 years!

Hi Ben,

The maxi was a higher spec combine than the classic - bigger grain tank (more boxy - similar in style to the Commandor), more powerful engine, and bigger standard tyre equipment were the main difference's - regarding the threshing set up, there was no difference - same drum/straw walkers and sieves etc. 

cheers.

14 minutes ago, JEP said:

Hi Ben,

The maxi was a higher spec combine than the classic - bigger grain tank (more boxy - similar in style to the Commandor), more powerful engine, and bigger standard tyre equipment were the main difference's - regarding the threshing set up, there was no difference - same drum/straw walkers and sieves etc. 

cheers.

Brilliant thank you, 

i know the maxi is 200hp so classic be 150hp? 

Classic 98 was 160hp, so near enough.....................I had a  cycle round the village this afternoon to have a closer look at the various Dominators that have appeared in the last two years, as the local small farmers have changed away from their old Claas 85 and 96 models.  And now I see three Claas Classics, a 108, 98 and 88  plus a nice 98sl Maxi with the 4.5m header exactly like the forthcoming Replicagri model:).....................and to top it off a 1996 Mega 204 with Vista cab which I will get some photos of when it moves to more easily accessable fields.

• 1 month later...

Archived