Replicagri 2017

chris.watson

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, so often only the largest in the range gets modelled which is all well and good for arable or contracting dio's but not if you are wanting to do a display based around a smaller livestock or mixed farm. :)

Surely one of these,with that cab, has to get made at some point,my late father drove one,the only tractor he ever rolled,he reckoned it was top heavy due to the weight of the safety cab,all his previous tractor's had Duncan cab's,the one's that did have cab's, ;)

Regards

Joe.

IH 674.jpg

I would have to disagree with that in all honesty Robbo, I've driven a few 674s over the years and Father still has one now, always felt like they could pull a house down. I know they're not a flyer on the road, but hit a bank and the revs never falter. Even when you do pull the engine down the long stroke means it just hangs in there and never gives up. I do believe that with a six tonne trailer on the back they would out-perform both our 844 and JD 6400:)

47 minutes ago, 844john said:

I would have to disagree with that in all honesty Robbo, I've driven a few 674s over the years and Father still has one now, always felt like they could pull a house down. I know they're not a flyer on the road, but hit a bank and the revs never falter. Even when you do pull the engine down the long stroke means it just hangs in there and never gives up. I do believe that with a six tonne trailer on the back they would out-perform both our 844 and JD 6400:)

No worries John. I used to compare it to a DB1200 that was rated at 72hp and it pulled far better that the 674. I would still like to see a model versio though 

5 hours ago, robbo said:

That is a minter Joe but I never thought that they lived up to their 78hp rating

78 !!!! . I don't think so.  According the TractorData its 65 HP , 61.5 at the PTO & 54.5 at the drawbar !!! I actually think it has the same 3.9L Perkins 4 cyl engine as a Massey 175 only detuned alittle. An MF 175 is 70  HP.  I don't think this little 674 can match the HP of a Ford 6600 at 78 .  More so in the bracket of a 5000 6X if anything.

25 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

78 !!!! . I don't think so.  According the TractorData its 65 HP , 61.5 at the PTO & 54.5 at the drawbar !!! I actually think it has the same 3.9L Perkins 4 cyl engine as a Massey 175 only detuned alittle. An MF 175 is 70  HP.  I don't think this little 674 can match the HP of a Ford 6600 at 78 .  More so in the bracket of a 5000 6X if anything.

Whilst I don't want to go off topic I believe that there were a number of different ways of classifying the hp rating. There was the SAE rating which I think was society of American engineers and then there was the DIN rating used in Europe. SAE always rated higher than DIN so 78 SAE related to around 72 DIN so it depended on which one the manufacturer used

49 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

The only nash to have a perkins engine was the 475 which itself was a stop-gap due to strikes in the Neuss factory leading to  problems getting engines for the 474 which it replaced. The 475 was rated at 62hp and used the same engine as the MF165, the 674 rated at 78, and believe me the difference between the two is vast in terms of both power and torque, the nash engine really being a lively little power house, the perkie still good but you really notice the lack of those 16 horses in the same size of tractor. We still have one of each now, so a side by side comparison is a regular occurrence and not something from memory clouded by the passage of time;)

Always tought those IHs  had Perkins units.  Was the Nash engine a licence built copy of the Perkins . I also read in classic tractor abit back of the IH's of that era  in the far east having Mazda diesel units .. After this post I'm back to topic !! :D

7 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Always tought those IHs  had Perkins units.  Was the Nash engine a licence built copy of the Perkins . I also read in classic tractor abit back of the IH's of that era  in the far east having Mazda diesel units .. After this post I'm back to topic !! :D

No, it was actually a proper perkins engine Justin. International built their own engines in their factory in Neuss in Germany but because of industrial action  and the fact that the engine fitted to the 474 was a much shorter stroke unit than typical nash engines, and as such seemed to lack the low down grunt characteristicof International power plants, they needed to source a short term replacement and turned to Perkins to supply them. Some people say that made the 475 one of the best tractors they built.......for me I still prefer a good old nash engine under the bonnet!;) Now, same here, back on topic:D

• 2 weeks later...

Who could we contact to ask replicagri to start doing uk 70s 80s tractors from IH  as they are on the ball 

The closest lookalike to anything they did in the past was the 845 xl with black fender it looks just like the 885 xl from the back  the detail on replicagris are second to none ild buy 10 of each uk manufactured ihs if they did them 674s 784s lp cab or sekura cabs going on to the 85 xks  come on replicagri please please please  britains do eu soeck so cant a french model maufactura do a uk speck machine please 

Archived