My Collection

844john

1 hour ago, SirTainly said:

Absolutely fantastic work! The foggy background gives a real autumnal feel.

Thanks very much Simon, it really seems like the seasons have shifted this year. Three mornings running I’ve come back from checking the stock with an armful of field mushrooms, and it’s supposed to be mid summer!

IMG_9125.jpeg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

Very nice once again John, my dad used to run one similar on a David brown. Will have to show him this.

Thanks very much Jack, Econ are not that far away from us, so I thought it nice to do a model of a local manufacturer 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks very much Simon, it really seems like the seasons have shifted this year. Three mornings running I’ve come back from checking the stock with an armful of field mushrooms, and it’s supposed to be mid summer!

IMG_9125.jpeg

We've had a few coming up in the bottom field, but none quite that big! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmd said:

Very nice work again John loving the econ. Guy I do work for runs 4 econ hedgecutters here's 3 of them

20191005_123519.thumb.jpg.d00faafeeaa5d416e8057b247c4e2010.jpg

Thanks John, nice group there👍I made the cutter removable as I fancy swapping it between the Leyland and a Ford👍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cracker of a hedging outfit with the Leyland/Econ mid mount John, every credit to you 😉

Thanks very much Paul, I finally found a use for the one with the cloudy glass😉

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks John, nice group there👍I made the cutter removable as I fancy swapping it between the Leyland and a Ford👍

Look forward to seeing it on a ford 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 844john said:

It’s been a properly wet day here today, so thought I’d build myself a Triffitt rear discharge spreader

IMG_9149.jpeg

IMG_9152.jpeg

IMG_9151.jpeg

IMG_9150.jpeg

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9155.jpeg

Very nice John , I don’t understand how you can build / paint / weather something so quick! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

Very nice John , I don’t understand how you can build / paint / weather something so quick! 

Well, I’m an early riser Jack, it’s been a pig of a day here, so after going round the stock I thought I could have a few hours in my shed. Got it built and sprayed by dinner time, then after dinner the paint had dried so I could spend a couple of hours finishing it off and weathering it👍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 844john said:

Well, I’m an early riser Jack, it’s been a pig of a day here, so after going round the stock I thought I could have a few hours in my shed. Got it built and sprayed by dinner time, then after dinner the paint had dried so I could spend a couple of hours finishing it off and weathering it👍

Credit to you, fantastic bit of kit built in such a short space of time 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Credit to you, fantastic bit of kit built in such a short space of time 

Thanks Jack, it wasn’t a good day for painting as the damp atmosphere left a dull finish as it dried, but for ageing that actually works in your favour as you don’t have to rub the model down to get rid of the shine👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Jack, it wasn’t a good day for painting as the damp atmosphere left a dull finish as it dried, but for ageing that actually works in your favour as you don’t have to rub the model down to get rid of the shine👍

You learn something new everyday! That would explain why everything was drying with a flat finish yesterday while trying to paint in the constant rain. Unfortunately I wasn't looking for the weathered effect. Will give it another coat now the suns out.

Loving the Econ setup and as usual the outside shots set everything off beautifully 

• Like 2