My Collection

844john

2 hours ago, sipher172 said:

Amazing builds, you have gift.  It’s pretty incredible how you can create such detailed master pieces in such short periods of time.   

Thanks very much Chris, to be honest it surprised me a little when I gathered up what I’ve built in the last few months, there was more than I thought!

On 7/17/2022 at 8:03 AM, 844john said:

It’s been a busy few months with one thing and another, but still found time to fit in a few builds😉First up, a couple of old trailers, Fraser silage trailer and a Grays buckrake 

17FC8CF2-0C89-4012-BAA6-26C2C39F7F85.jpeg

C278498C-0674-46D0-B5EA-D530DCED04B6.jpeg

491BA1F6-3E04-4F00-AFD7-7E6EABC986E3.jpeg

FA988156-0D39-4DC5-9AFB-176916931200.jpeg

FAB67EAE-2CD0-47C3-8047-77407B0ECA69.jpeg

46E6F3A1-FA88-4E5D-BC8E-D742B29EA62D.jpeg

3038E8D6-F0FB-4A2C-B4EE-502FF3041588.jpeg

DC155A6F-E4C3-4E31-BF0F-FF7D60DC0818.jpeg

E053385E-FA0A-4D2A-8C96-387BDEBDC11D.jpeg

2F0B1054-6A2E-4E68-BC7D-38E0B589F37E.jpeg

used many a bale trailor like the one in photo ,just scraped 2 like that because police are stopping trailers like that around here which i am not against for safety reasons but makes the job a bit more stressful , thats one of the reasons i bought a new lowloader/bale trailer . Great builds there John   

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:04 PM, CallumC said:

The ford tippers needing a load of grain or lime  (in the tipping motion)  that would really set it of.    Once again another very nice model you've made 

Thanks Callum, yes I think you’re right, she needs a load of lime in the back😉

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

If this little yard turns out half as good as your tractor builds it'll be great to see in the flesh John 👍 some cracking classics posted up too

Thanks Paul, must admit I’m looking forward to the day, it seems like a long time since the last Penrith!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jack390 said:

This is looking superb John 👍the sheds are amazing. These Massey conversions you have done are top notch too, especially the 265

Thank you Jack, our neighbour has a 265 the same as that one, it was the first Massey that I built👍

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 7:43 PM, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, must admit I’m looking forward to the day, it seems like a long time since the last Penrith!

It soon be here now though John, I've a table booked for some of the Nuffields etc and another table booked with a few bits on to sell... But that lot needs sorting out yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

It soon be here now though John, I've a table booked for some of the Nuffields etc and another table booked with a few bits on to sell... But that lot needs sorting out yet.

Yes, I was finally persuaded to give it a go Paul, so fingers crossed I can get the display ready along with some shelves behind to display models on....there’s a lot more work goes into these things than you realise, still very much looking forward to the day though!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, 844john said:

Yes, I was finally persuaded to give it a go Paul, so fingers crossed I can get the display ready along with some shelves behind to display models on....there’s a lot more work goes into these things than you realise, still very much looking forward to the day though!

Nothing ventured nothing gained John, your bound to be a bit apprehensive being at the wrong side of a table at a show but your handiwork deserves the credit that irs due, I know you're not chasing glory, but it be great to see you showcase your builds. From what I remember the mart cafe grub was good too 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nothing ventured nothing gained John, your bound to be a bit apprehensive being at the wrong side of a table at a show but your handiwork deserves the credit that irs due, I know you're not chasing glory, but it be great to see you showcase your builds. From what I remember the mart cafe grub was good too 👍

It’s always a good start if the bait’s good Paul👍 Like you say, there’s nothing to loose and if I find it’s not for me then I know not to do it again. However, I think it’s important to support a new show like this if possible, it’s easy to say how much we all miss Penrith, hopefully offering a little support helps this one build on those foundations and takes the show in a new direction 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 844john said:

It’s always a good start if the bait’s good Paul👍 Like you say, there’s nothing to loose and if I find it’s not for me then I know not to do it again. However, I think it’s important to support a new show like this if possible, it’s easy to say how much we all miss Penrith, hopefully offering a little support helps this one build on those foundations and takes the show in a new direction 👍

If I remember rightly they offered everything from hot beef sandwiches to a full roast dinner... It'll be a 4 year or so since was last in there  just before the covid job started but couldn't knock it... Yes your right though good bit of support will hopefully help it become a yearly event and not be the end of the road. Be grand to have a catch up though and admire some more of your handiwork 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

If I remember rightly they offered everything from hot beef sandwiches to a full roast dinner... It'll be a 4 year or so since was last in there  just before the covid job started but couldn't knock it... Yes your right though good bit of support will hopefully help it become a yearly event and not be the end of the road. Be grand to have a catch up though and admire some more of your handiwork 👍

We’ve been to Carlisle a good few times over the years to sheep or cattle sales, but we’ve usually had something to eat in the bar/restaurant just over from the mart, I think it’s called The Shepherd or something like that