My Collection

844john

9 hours ago, EasyEd said:

Hey All,

I took just want to compliment your work on these models. Really great!

I was wondering though if you would be willing to comment on your photo techniques. You know gear lenses posing the models lighting etc. I remember a guy on flickr who did similar with small scale cars and in different kinds of light using bounce light umbrellas direct lighting and such his photos were so beautiful and real looking.

I do some photography with Fuji gear and would like to try this.

TIA!

-Ed-

Hello Ed, thank you for that. I’d love to say that I use some special techniques and equipment, but the truth is most of my photos are quickly snapped when I’ve a few minutes spare and the weather is nice and calm! I like to take them outside whenever possible as I think natural light makes a big difference, but they’re usually just quickly set up in our yard and then taken with my old phone camera👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Credit where credit is due John... More great work from the master craftsman and his magic scalpel 😉 particularly loving the Viking 110 and your farm workshop style built silage trailer 👌👌

Thanks very much Paul, I’ve always liked those JF’s to be honest👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Nice one, that IMT looks similar to a 200 series Massey🤔

Thanks Jack, the 540 was basically a copy of the 35 / 135. We had one years ago, not the coolest tractor for a lad in his teens!🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SirTainly said:

That's awesome! Just been looking at photos of the real things (we need something to manage the stream here). Boy did the cabs on those rot badly.

Thanks Simon, you do see a fair few without their cabs now!

7 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

That's the most detailed model of a Wuffler I've seen to date John, lovely work

Thank you James, i spent many happy hours as a boy using one of those and that’s based on the one we had, along with the IMT, so I’ve no excuses for not getting it right really 😂

• Like 1