International Harvester 74 series

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

John that's a stunning piece of work there . It turned out fantastic . These are the classics we need more of in 1/32 .. 

Thank you Justin. To be honest, that seems to be the route I am heading down now, gradually moving away from the modern kit and concentrating on gear from when I was growing up in the 70's through to the 90's, so probably much more of this classic stuff to come:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Hows it going john im guessing your in lambing full swing at the mo  cant wait to see these doncaster babies being knocked out mate 

Hello Nigel, no we don't start for about 3 weeks yet, looking outside this morning again i am pleased we're not on, this is the most snow we've had for a few years, looks like up here in the north east and Scotland are in for another rough day. At the moment I've been trying to get the JCB finished, then its back to the 1394, 685 and then probably more74's once i get going with the casting!

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, 844john said:

Just a quick pic of the revised window rubbers with the white insert instead of all black. Door mirrors made, just to add along with the back window and plough light, then she's ready for work :D

WP_20180128_15_57_40_Pro (2).jpg

Lovely work John, looks fantastic and that's a great tip for the window rubbers, would never have thought of that technique. I've been asked to build a 1/16 scale one of these :wacko:

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, tabmodels said:

Lovely work John, looks fantastic and that's a great tip for the window rubbers, would never have thought of that technique. I've been asked to build a 1/16 scale one of these :wacko:

Thank you Ian, a 1/16 one of these would be great, sitting here now i can just imagine the extra detail you could build into it!.......:D 

Ild love a go on either project if i dont get measurements come spring im driving down the road to intrak to ask if i can measure parts up il buy amy 74 series available of both of you ha ha! but ild still love a go at one myself too ild love to do a 374 454 aswel

11 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Could you make a carboard cutout kit of one in 1/16 mate ??

I probably could Nige, but with the current orders for 1/32 scratch builds, it's not looking very likely. To develop and build prototypes of a detailed card model would take months, never mind the organisation of parts sheets and instruction sheets needed for you to build it.

6 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

I probably could Nige, but with the current orders for 1/32 scratch builds, it's not looking very likely. To develop and build prototypes of a detailed card model would take months, never mind the organisation of parts sheets and instruction sheets needed for you to build it.

Ahh nevermind thanks all the same 

12 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Ahh nevermind thanks all the same 

No problem Nige, don't get me wrong, I would love to develop card model kits of tractors and other machines but I have already developed simple card model kits and even these are not very popular, I don't think the average person has the time or patience to do such time consuming hobbies, it seems to be about instant gratification without putting in the effort these days! :)

I wouldent even know where to begin to doing them maybee a day trip to intatrack for measurement purposes and photo referecing would be good  ild also  love to have made or make a 674 with komatsu  front axel its time for me at the mo i in the middle of casting a few things for a mate on here and fb  ive got ford 4000 and 3000 bonnets to do plus the mf 35 ones to do i want all them parts done by end of march  also i want to have a stab at wheels  and tyres  sorry john for wandering off ur topic  mate 

Would it be harder or easier to do 1/16 475 i suppose its getting the wheels aswell   ild have everything worldwide to fieldforce 1/32 or 1/16th 

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, IH885XLMAN said:

Hi john hows it going did you ever do any more on the 475 785 ect  brilliant builds by the way  

Hello Nigel, sorry for the late reply, I'm afraid my time with models has been very limited to say the least these past few weeks, however hopefully things will begin to settle down a bit and i might be able to snatch a little time with them, - i certainly need to, at present there is the 3cx, a weeks and a triffit trailer,  B47 baler, 1394, 785 and also a 454 and an LP cabbed 4230 and a couple of JD's in various stages of build waiting to be done, and that's not even thinking about getting to grips with casting.......:D

50 minutes ago, 844john said:

Hello Nigel, sorry for the late reply, I'm afraid my time with models has been very limited to say the least these past few weeks, however hopefully things will begin to settle down a bit and i might be able to snatch a little time with them, - i certainly need to, at present there is the 3cx, a weeks and a triffit trailer,  B47 baler, 1394, 785 and also a 454 and an LP cabbed 4230 and a couple of JD's in various stages of build waiting to be done, and that's not even thinking about getting to grips with casting.......:D

Any pics of the weeks and triffit trailer mate ? I’m so nosey :D 

22 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Any pics of the weeks and triffit trailer mate ? I’m so nosey :D 

There's not that much to see Sam:D, the body of the weeks is almost done and a start on the chassis, the triffit has the chassis started, with lots of bits of plastic cut for the body, but that's as far as its got!

WP_20180513_15_23_02_Pro.jpg

5 minutes ago, 844john said:

There's not that much to see Sam:D, the body of the weeks is almost done and a start on the chassis, the triffit has the chassis started, with lots of bits of plastic cut for the body, but that's as far as its got!

WP_20180513_15_23_02_Pro.jpg

That weeks looks spot on already !! I’ve started building a copy of your mf grain trailer you swapped me ! I decided I need about 3 on my diorama. I’m not really having much time to do stuff like this for myself, hopefully things might free up ! But I’ve run out of materials :( on hold until Tuesday now.. is this weeks going to have all singing and dancing removable silage sides ?? 

Thanks Sam, yes, my plan was to make a plus40 with removable silage sides and auto tight-on door, so we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to seeing this layout of yours!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, 844john said:

Made a start with the castings, fingers crossed they seem to be fitting together nicely. 674 here we come;)

WP_20190519_17_48_34_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190519_17_47_27_Pro (2).jpg

Your such a tease . Haha 

18 minutes ago, dm434 said:

Your such a tease . Haha 

Well, I'd just set some more moulds off for the AP cab last night, so while progress was halted on that i thought I'd make a start on putting the nash castings together......and the first one has to be a 674!

Archived