Schuco 2018

AJH

First new model i've found for 2018 is a new version of the JD 7810, a 7710! 

So for this year we will have so far:

45 077 2200 – John Deere 7710
45 077 5900 – John Deere 1270G 6W Harvester
45 077 9300 – International 433 with Security frame
45 077 9400 – Case International 633 with Cab

• robbo pinned this topic
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, Luke190 said:

Great news about the 7710 since I missed out on the 78 when it was still at a sensible price - regret not buying since I drove a 7810 a few times rolling paddocks and with cambridge rolls some years back

A 7810 rolling paddocks, I don't want to say over kill, but.......:D

Well I guess sometimes you just got to use what you got. No point buying a small tractor for just a few little jobs. Farm had two 7810s and an older large JD with wrap-around cab - can't remember the model

With a large tractor I did have to be careful on turns not to chew up the grass. 

Farm had horse stables attached hence paddocks

• 2 weeks later...

I for one think the case looks interesting! The 7710 as well, but would have preferred the 6400. But as you all say, depends on the price which has become quite steep for the 6400 at least. Got a JD 4755 for 50/60 euros (shipping included) the other day, not bad these days. A new one from Norway would cost at least £100.

not being a big jd fan are  there any real differences in real life then?? there’s one in plymouth at the mo pulling a big sorry huge vibrating  roller round a new shopping site,its on a reclaimed river area so they are compacting loads of hard core down to raise the levels, and to my eyes bar the decal it doesnt look any different to a few 7810’s that are arround, bar its got front weights fitted 

i think i would have preffered it with a front weight, seems daft with the front linkage frame but nothing else, at least with a weight block it would have been a bit more different, whilst its in the right era for my collection, i doubt it will arrive, unless i get it cheap like the 6400 via contacts . schuco are pricey enough so to me it should be a bit more different for the money to justify it .

8.1 litre on both deere machines. 7810 had more torque. 7710 155hp 7810 175 hp. Both tractors, I ballasted and no front weights weighed the same. Been a while since I drove a 7810..... Oh how I wish there was no emissions regs and these engines came back.;)

31 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

8.1 litre on both deere machines. 7810 had more torque. 7710 155hp 7810 175 hp. Both tractors, I ballasted and no front weights weighed the same. Been a while since I drove a 7810..... Oh how I wish there was no emissions regs and these engines came back.;)

With you on that one Chris, that's when engines had a sound that you would open the window just to listen to them on full chat, a lot of modern tractors just sound too clinical and "tinny", however, I suppose that's progress.;) 

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

They say the 7810s were the last of the basic reliable machines & they pull like a train . There is a contractor near me that has upgraded to a fleet of R & M series Deeres from 20 & 30 Series Deeres ....but he wont part with his 7810... she stays & that's that !!!

On 25/01/2018 at 8:13 PM, alf aphid said:

No, In real life much the same thing. Shame they didn’t go for straight 7700 with different wings and maybe front weights. Maybe keeping that for another day ;-) 

Would make a nice 7700 though. Could cut the mudguards down etc, hmm got me thinking now... one up here by me does some baling. Not a fan of the mudguards but I like to be different model wise 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived